- Department of English
- Department of History & Geography
- Department of Humanities and Philosophy
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Modern Languages
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Substance Abuse Studies
- School of Criminal Justice
- Dean's Office
- Links for Students
- Grant Resources
- Corporate Partners
- Ways to Give
- Room Reservation Information
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS TO OFFER VALUABLE DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS AT ANNUAL SYMPOSIUM
The University of Central Oklahoma's College of Liberal Arts will host its annual symposium from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Feb. 27, offering students the opportunity to present their exemplary writing and research and to participate in other academic and creative activities.
"The symposium allows some of our upper-level students who might be headed for graduate or professional school an opportunity to attend something that closely resembles the experience of participating in an academic conference, without having to bear the expense and inconvenience of travel," said Mark Silcox, Ph.D., chair of the Liberal Arts Symposium Committee and assistant professor of Humanities and Philosophy at Central.
"It also helps students within our college prepare for the marketplace, gives them the opportunity to hear the ideas of scholars from outside Central and helps to provoke lively arguments about provocative subjects."