Students may earn credit hours for legal or political/governmental internships.
THE JOURNAL RECORD
The Journal Record Legislative Report (JRLR) is looking for a few really sharp interns for the upcoming legislative session.
- Work with your class schedule.
- Give you "real" professional experience, and not just mindless tasks.
- Give you the opportunity to build your portfolio with published materials.
- Provide you the opportunity to interact with:
- Legislators and state officials
- Legislative Staff
- Offer a letter of recommendation for those who excel during the internship.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume and writing samples to:
Jeannie Bordelon, Legislative Director
THE CITY OF YUKON PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Contact - Kelly Russell
Interns will gain parks & recreation experience in: Program and event planning/promotion/execution, departmental marketing, grant writing, research studies, working in a variety of recreation facilities and many other things.
- Must be currently enrolled in an appropriate program at a college or university.
- Internship must satisfy an academic requirement
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must have at least a junior-class standing
For an internship application email Kelly Russell at email@example.com or for questions call 405-354-8442.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
Carl Albert Public Internship Program
Paid internship program available with various state agencies
Find more information at http://www.ok.gov/opm/State_Jobs/Carl_Albert_Public_Internship_Program.html
As 2010 is a major midterm election year in Oklahoma, many candidates and campaigns will be looking for political interns.
CITIZENS CARING FOR CHILDREN
In Edmond is looking for interns Contact Stacy Wolf at 348-9034
OKLAHOMA DEMOCRATIC PARTY
The Oklahoma Democratic party is looking for interns who will learn about fundraising, communications, database management, party affairs, and campaigns. Flexible schedules will be arranged for students. For more information contact Johnny Ortwein at (405) 427-3366 or Johnny@okdemocrats.org.
For more information, about these and other internship opportunities contact Dr. Kickham at 974-5530 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.