- Dean's Office
- Department of English
- Department of History & Geography
- Department of Humanities and Philosophy
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Modern Languages
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Substance Abuse Studies
- School of Criminal Justice
- Resources for Students
- Corporate Partners
- Ways to Give
- Room Reservation Information
Meet the Author!
Linda Williams Reese
Linda Williams Reese will discuss her new book Trail Sisters: Freedwomen in Indian Territory, 1850-1890, beginning at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 4, in the Pegasus Theatre.
This event has been postponed due to weather and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Her book is the first to trace the harsh and often bitter journey of these women from arrival in Indian Territory to free-citizen status. In doing so, she establishes them as no lesser pioneers of the American West than their Indian or other Plains sisters.
This event is sponsored by Phi Alpha Theta, the history honor society, and is free and open to the public. Copies of her book will be available for purchase and signing at the event.