- Department of History & Geography
- Faculty and Staff
- Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography
- Bachelor of Arts in History - General
- Bachelor of Arts in History - Museum Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in History - Education
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in History - Museum Studies
- Master of Arts in History - Social Studies Teaching
- History Minor
- Geography Minor
- Ethnic Studies Minor
- Russian Studies Minor
- News & Events
- Western Pacific Institute
- Laboratory of History Museum
- Chambers Library
- Student Organizations
- History and Geography Scholarships
- Room Reservation Information
Bachelor of Arts: Geography
Geography offers much to a broad liberal arts curriculum. As our world changes daily, geography enables us to understand the role of people on the settlement of the earth. Geographic literacy takes different forms, ranging from knowing the location of countries on a map to understanding why the Middle Eastern countries continue to quarrel over Israel's existence and other political conflicts of the like.
Our program focuses on combating geographic illiteracy. We offer our introductory courses throughout the year plus upper division courses based on student demand. The track for a geography major focuses on a traditional major that emphasizes the breadth of the field (physical and human geography).
While our program is small, we consider this to be an opportunity to work with students individually. We welcome students to come by our office to discuss major and minor options or to find out how geography can enhance their degree program. Feel free to check out our faculty profiles and our links.
Degree requirements are found in the UCO Undergraduate Catalog.