College of Liberal Arts: Department of English: Title Tags (Marketing in the top IE Blue Bar)
Guidelines for Applying for Student Travel Funding
Congratulations on the acceptance of your paper! The College of Liberal Arts provides funding for students to attend conferences in order to present their original research and scholarly or creative work. There is, however, a process that must be followed to make sure your paperwork goes through without a problem. You can meet with the English Department’s Administrative Assistant, Teresa Curtis, in LAR 105 to receive copies of the forms or help completing them.
- Complete and follow the “Criteria and Checklist for Requesting Student Travel Funds” found on the College of Liberal Arts’ Website under “Links for Students – Funding for Student Travel.”
- To receive your “Recommendation Letter from the Chairperson,” you must make an appointment to meet with Dr. J. David Macey, English Department Chairperson. You should make this appointment with Dr. Macey via telephone (405-974-5641) or email (email@example.com) at least two weeks prior to submitting your application for funding so that he will have time to generate the letter of recommendation. Please bring the following to your appointment with Dr. Macey:
- A completed Out-of-State Travel Request form (if traveling out of state). This document can be found at the following link: http://www.uco.edu/administration/pur-pay-trav/files/files-trav-forms-docs/out-of-state-travel-request.pdf
- Documents showing that you are presenting.
- Documents showing:
- i. Airline estimate (using an approved travel agent)
- ii. Conference-designated hotel information
- iii. Registration information
- Your completed application and required documents must be submitted to Teresa Curtis at least three weeks prior to traveling. Ms Curtis will then submit them to Glenda Lietzke in the Dean’s Office for processing.
- Once the Liberal Arts Dean’s Office has reviewed and approved your application, it will be forwarded to the Travel Office.
Students may also request funds from the Office of Research and Grants, until funds are depleted for the school year. Information may be found on their Website: http://www.uco.edu/facres/student_research/travel_grants.html
College of Liberal Arts student travel funding is subject to the following restrictions:
- There is a limit of $1,250.00 per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) for any one student. This amount may be divided among any number of trips to conferences at which the student is a presenter.
- Exceptions to the $1,250.00 limit may be requested by petition to the Liberal Arts Council of Chairpersons. The bases for an exception shall include such extraordinary cases as an international conference presentation or a paper receiving a prestigious award.
Full HTML Version