- Department of English
- Faculty and Staff
- Composition Program
- English Education Program
- M.A. Program
- Artists In Residence
- Everett Southwest Literary Award
- Suggested Degree Plans
- Course Rotation
- Current Class Schedule
- Scholarships and Awards
- Student Organizations
- New Plains Review
- Language and Linguistics Student Conference
- Student Travel Information
- Faculty Resources
- Room Reservation Information
- Contact Us
Guidelines for Applying for Student Travel Funding
Congratulations on the acceptance of your paper! The College of Liberal Arts provides funding for students to attend conferences in order to present their original research and scholarly or creative work. There is, however, a process that must be followed to make sure your paperwork goes through without a problem. You may meet with the English Department’s Administrative Assistant, Teresa Curtis, in LAR 101 to receive copies of the forms or help in completing them.
(1) Complete the “Student Travel Criteria and Checklist form,” which can be found at the following location: http://www.uco.edu/la/files/pdf/Student%20Travel%20Checklist%2010-4-13.pdf
(2) Attach the following documentation:
A completed Out-of-State Travel Request form. This document can be found at the following link: http://www.uco.edu/administration/pur-pay-trav/files/files-trav-forms-docs/out-of-state-travel-request.pdf.
Documents showing that you’re presenting.
Airline estimate (using an approved travel agent)
Conference-designated hotel information
(3) Your completed application and required documents must be submitted to Teresa Curtis at least three weeks prior to traveling. Ms Curtis will then submit them to the Liberal Arts Dean’s Office for processing.
(4) Once the Liberal Arts Dean’s Office has reviewed and approved your application, it will be forwarded to the Travel Office.
Students may also request funds from the Office of Research and Grants (ORG), until funds are depleted for the school year. Information about ORG funding may be found at the following location: http://www.uco.edu/facres/student_research/travel_grants.html
College of Liberal Arts student travel funding is subject to the following restrictions:
There is a limit of $1,250.00 per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) for any one student. This amount may be divided among any number of trips to conferences at which the student is a presenter.
Exceptions to the $1,250.00 limit may be requested by petition to the Liberal Arts Council of Chairpersons. The bases for an exception shall include such extraordinary cases as an international conference presentation or a paper receiving a prestigious award.