There's Only ONE WEEK LEFT to Apply for Scholarships!
The deadline for UCO Scholarship applications is February 15th at 4 p.m.
The entire scholarship process is online and includes scholarships from every College and Department across the university. The scholarship portal is open to ALL UCO STUDENTS. To begin the application process, visit scholarships.uco.edu.
For more information, please contact Chelsi Dennis, College of Liberal Arts Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-974-2522.
Spring Break, Summer Study Tours Offer Unique Learning Opportunities
Each year, the professors in the College of Liberal Arts offer students a rare chance to learn about cultures and history firsthand through study tours. A study tour is a credit-bearing course in which the majority of the academic work is accomplished through group study and travel outside the UCO campus. It provides a group of students with an applied, supervised experience at an off-campus location, whether foreign or domestic, for a minimum of two or more overnights, and enhances the student's classroom knowledge of an academic discipline(s) through first-hand exposure. Once on site, travel during the study tour is an integral part of the learning process.
Study Tours being offered in 2016 included:
- The British Isles (Led by Timothy Petete)
- The Cultures of Andalucia, Spain (Led by Diana Pardo and Guillermo Martinez-Sotelo)
- Germany, the Center of Europe (Led by Rudi Nollert, Michael Springer, and Mary Brodnax)
- London/Dublin (Led by Jessica Sheetz-Nguyen and Stan Adamiak) or explore the Military History option of the London/Dublin Study Tour
- Archival Research in London (Led by Jessica Sheetz-Nguyen)
- Southern France and Spain: Paths and Borders (Led by Catherine Webster and Maria Teresa Moinette)
- Nicaragua (Led by Diana Pardo)
- Layers of Rome (Led by Margaret Musgrove and Sarah Kyle)
- For Spring Break: Museum Tour of Washington DC (Led by Mark Janzen)
Spring Career and Internship Fair Scheduled
UCO's Spring Career and Internship Fair is scheduled to be held from noon to 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 10, NUC Ballrooms. Businesses and organizations interested in reserving booth space at the event may register online at www.hirebronchos.com through Feb. 7. For more information, visit http://www.careers.uco.edu or contact UCO Career Services at 405-974-3346.