Army ROTC Scholarships: GRFD or DED GRFD Scholarships
Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarships: 2 and 3 Year Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarships are available for individuals who desire to commission into the Reserve Forces (Army Reserve or National Guard) upon completing the Army ROTC program and their degree requirements.
This is an irrevocable 8yr commitment to either of the Reserve Forces, with no option for Active Duty assignment. Applicants must already be members of the Army Reserve or Army National Guard or be willing to join as a Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) Cadet while pursuing their degree. These scholarships provide the following benefits:
- Full tuition and fees
- $1,200/yr book allowance
- Graduated monthly stipend: (Freshman- $300, Sophomores- $350, Juniors- $450, and Seniors- $500)
- Additional financial assistance is available for eligible students through the Financial Aid Office.
Minimum GRFD Scholarships:
- United States Citizenship
- Full time undergraduate student or a graduating senior with intentions to begin a full time graduate program.
- Minimum of 30 college credit hours completed
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- ACT/SAT – 19/920 or better
- Physically fit
- Pass a physical exam
- Under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you graduate from college
- Good moral character
For more information please contact the UCO Army ROTC Recruiting Operations Officer (ROO) at 974-5166/5167 or email us at ArmyROTC@uco.edu.