University of Central Oklahoma Office of the Bursar Contract of Student Financial Responsibility
Carefully read the following information. To continue your application you will need to select YES on the previous screen indicating that you have read and agree to the terms of this contract.
- The University of Central Oklahoma corresponds electronically with all students through the University assigned e-mail address. I understand that I am responsible for monitoring that e-mail account and for taking action on correspondence sent to that account.
I understand that enrollment at the University of Central Oklahoma constitutes a contractual obligation to pay tuition and all associated fees for the classes in which I am enrolled.
- I understand that there is a set due date for tuition and fees for each semester. This due date is posted online http://www.uco.edu/em/registrar/tuitionandfees.asp for each semester.
- I understand if payment in full is not received by the set due date, I will incur a $40 fee.
- I understand that if I have a balance at the end of the first month after classes begin, I will be assessed a 1.5% monthly finance charge on my unpaid balance.
- I understand that a statement of my account is available through my UCONNECT account.
- I understand that information regarding my account can only be released to me. If I want others to have access, it is my responsibility to grant them access by setting them up as an Authorized User through my UCONNECT account.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to keep my information (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address) up to date with the University.
- I consent to being contacted by the University on my cell phone if I provide that number to the University.
- I understand that if a check that is posted to my Bursar account is returned from the bank I will be charged a $25 returned item fee on my Bursar account. I also understand that if a check is returned from the bank that allowed my enrollment into a future semester, I will be dropped from those classes if I do not repay the amount plus the returned item fee with certified funds within 5 days of notification to my University assigned e-mail.
- I understand that financial aid that posts to my Bursar account will automatically pay all institutional charges on my account.
- I understand that after all my financial aid is applied toward my Bursar account, I am responsible for all non-institutional charges as well as any new institutional charges.
- I understand that if aid, whether from financial aid or scholarships, has not posted to my Bursar account or if I lose my eligibility, I am responsible for paying my Bursar account.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to know the University’s deadlines and policies for dropping/withdrawing from classes. I also understand that it is my responsibility to drop or withdraw myself from classes that I am enrolled in, and my failure to do so in a timely manner will not relieve my financial responsibility for my Bursar account.
- I understand that if I enroll or am enrolled by an advisor and do not attend class, I am still responsible for paying all tuition and fees associated with the class, if I do not properly drop within the refundable period.
- I understand that if I have an outstanding balance with the University, a hold is placed on my account that will prevent me from enrolling in future semesters and accessing my academic records including transcripts and diplomas.
- I understand that all refunds issued by the University are disbursed through the BronchoSpirit Card. This card will be sent to the mailing address I have on file with the University when I first enroll in classes. If I do not receive this initial card, it is my responsibility to take the necessary steps to receive a replacement card, and I understand that there are fees involved in receiving a replacement card.
- I understand that any unpaid balance on my account will be reported to the Oklahoma Tax Commission every year. Any refund from the state that may be due to me will be subject to being intercepted by the University and applied to my outstanding balance.
- I understand that if I leave the University with an unpaid balance and do not make satisfactory payment arrangements, my account will be placed with an external collection agency. In the event that this happens, I will be assessed a collection fee (up to 33% of the original debt) and any other legal cost or attorney fees. I understand that once my account is assigned to an external collection agency it will be subject to being reported to credit bureaus.