Oklahoma Promise, also known as OHLAP, is a State of Oklahoma program which will pay the college tuition to any college in the State of Oklahoma for students whose parents’ total income is not more than $50,000. Students eligible for the Oklahoma Promise have to enroll in the program during their 8th, 9th or 10th grade years.
Ways to Apply:
* Apply online at www.okpromise.org
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Call the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education at 1-800-858-1840 or 225-9152 in Oklahoma City
* Get an application from your high school counselor
You must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
* You must meet normal admission standards for first-time entering students at UCO.
* You started taking college courses within three years of your high school graduation
* You may receive funds for no more than five years after enrolling at UCO
* Awards cannot be used for courses taken after you complete your bachelor’s degree
* You must maintain satisfactory grades in college to keep receiving the awards.
1. How do I get the benefits of the Oklahoma Promise at UCO?
· Complete the approval request form available from the Financial Aid Office
· You must meet normal admissions standards for first-time entering students
· Before the scholarship payment is made, you must be enrolled.
2. How will the Oklahoma Promise affect other scholarships?
· Any tuition waiver scholarship that is awarded will be applied to the students account first. The Oklahoma Promise will then cover the remaining tuition cost. The Oklahoma Promise will then convert the tuition waiver amount to cash.