- Class Schedule
- Deadlines for Fall
- Deadlines for Spring
- Deadlines for Summer
- Enrollment Dates
- Enrollment Information
- Enrollment Verifications & Contacts
- Fee Payment Information
- Final Exam Schedule
- ProxyAccess Information
- Transcript Requests
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist Information
- Web Deadlines
- Degree Verification
- Course Descriptions
Already been set up as a proxy by your student? Visit the Proxy Login page.
Proxy Access Overview
Proxy Access lets the student create accounts for parents, spouses, employers, etc., (the proxies) that allow the proxy to view the student's UCO information. Information accessed can include student records for financial account, financial aid, registration, transcript, grades and other personal information, either online or when the proxy is talking to UCO by phone.
Freshmen regularly admitted Fall 2013 and after will see a Proxy Access link on the Academics tab on UCONNECT. Other students may gain access by emailing a request to email@example.com from their UCO email account. Students must include their UCO ID number and name, and include "Request for Proxy Access" in the subject line. Sorry, but we will not accept requests from a personal email or from the parent or from other 3rd parties. The request must come from the student.
The student! The student determines who the proxies are and what information they can access, and for how long. A student may give parents access to the transcript for the students entire stay at UCO, or the student may give an insurance company access for one week to verify the student's enrollment for a term.
So far, proxies can only view information; they can't change anything. This means students can't allow a parent or spouse to enroll for them.
Unfortunately, ProxyAccess also doesn't allow the proxy to make a tuition/fees payment for their student. To do this, the student must go though UCONNECT and set up a third party authorization on the Touchnet payment system, where the 3rd party will have a separate login. When this is setup, the student and the 3rd party will both received bills. We apologize for you having to log on a different system, but we'll get them merged sometime. For more information about payments, click here.
Follow these steps to set up Proxy Access.
- Log into UCONNECT.
- Locate the Academics tab on UCONNECT
- Scroll down a bit to the Proxy Access portlet on the left.
- Then click on the Add Proxy icon.
- Next add the proxy's first and last name and email address and click on the Add Proxy button.
- Click on "Expand (your proxy name)" line and set up the profile and authorizations for your proxy.
(select image above to enlarge)
- The "passphrase" is used when the proxy is contacting UCO by phone or in person. The proxy would be asked for the passphrase, and if they responded correctly, then UCO could provide the designated information (as set up on the authorizations).
- To set up additional proxies, simply click on the Add Proxy icon again.
To allow proxy access to specific information, simply click on the appropriate checkboxes.
As shown below, individual pages can be checked (View Account Summary), or a category of pages (Financial Aid Options).
(Click image to enlarge)
A profile must first be created for a proxy by the student, as detailed in the section above. Below is the process the proxy can expect to be followed.
- The student will create a profile on UCONNECT using the proxy's name and email, and will then designate which information sections/forms which the proxy may view.
- During this setup process, the new proxy will recover an email containing a web link and an "Action PIN."
- Once the email is received, the proxy may visit the Proxy Login page.
The link and Action PIN which will enable the proxy to access to the system. This is where the proxy will create and maintain their login credentials and other personal information.
The student will also create a "Passphrase" for the proxy.
- This Passphrase will allow the proxy to verify their identity when contacting UCO administrators via phone or in person.
- When contacted by the proxy on the student's behalf, UCO will ask the proxy for the passphrase. Upon a correct response, UCO could then discuss with the proxy that information authorized by the student.
Please be aware that individual faculty members do not have access to the ProxyAccess information system.
The image below shows the available forms, such as "FERPA Form on File Student," which the student in the example has granted to their proxy the ability to view.
(Click image to enlarge)
Q: I'm a proxy for my student. Where do I log in as Proxy?
A: You may log in using the link at the top of this page or visit the Proxy Login Page.
Q: How do I reset my Proxy login password?
A: You may reset your password by going to the Proxy Login Page and enter your email address and select Forget Pin. You will receive a pin reset email at your alternate email address. If you are not receiving the password change emails be sure to check your "Spam" or "Junk Mail" folders.
Q: Where can I find the Passphrase my student has set up?
A: Those designated as a Proxy can't see the passphrase via the web. The student must resend the passphrase to the Proxy from the Proxy Management form in UCONNECT.
Q: How do I pay my student’s Bursar bill?
A: Unfortunately, ProxyAccess doesn't allow the proxy to make a tuition/fees payment for their student.
To do this, the student must go through UCONNECT and set up a third party authorization on the Touchnet payment system, where the 3rd party will have a separate login. When this is setup, the student and the 3rd party will both receive bills. We apologize for you having to log on a different system.
Q: Who do I contact if I need additional assistance with Proxy?