B.S. Forensic Science
The Forensic Science Institute (FSI) is a comprehensive training and research organization for students, professionals, and first responders in all aspects of evidence collection, preservation, analysis, reporting, and testimony. The Institute has become a leading provider of forensic science education at the undergraduate and graduate level through a robust, interdisciplinary program.
To complete the program, you have to complete another major in addition to 30-39 hours in the Forensic Science undergraduate program. You can either double major or if you already have a Bachelor's degree, you can earn a second degree by completing the 30-39 hours in our program. Not sure which other major to pair with forensic science? Check out how to create a unique career in Forensic Science!
Check out the caliber of our faculty!
To see the classes that make up the forensic science curriculum check out the degree sheets:
Not sure what to do with a degree in forensic science? Check out our career guide!
Explore Your Interests
Take advantage of these opportunities at UCO and in the Metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Get involved on campus! Check out Student Academy of Forensic Science (SAFS): To find out more, visit http://www.uco.edu/forensics/student-academy/index.asp
- Delta Delta Epsilon - The Forensic Sciences Honor Society: To find out more, go to http://www.uco.edu/forensics/delta-delta-epsilon/index.asp
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences: Go to http://www.aafs.org/
- International Association for Identification: Visit http://www.theiai.org/
- Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation: To find out about employment opportunities go to http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Employment/
- Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation: Go to: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/
Change Your Major
Either complete a “Request to Change Major/Minor Form” OR meet with your advisor and he/she will change your major.