B.A. History Museum Studies
The Museum Studies Program provides training to students interested in pursuing careers in museums, historical agencies, archives, national parks, and related institutions. The core curriculum consists of twelve credit hours, which includes course work and six hours of internship. View a list of scholarships in this department.
To see the classes that make up the Museum Studies curriculum check out the degree sheet!
Four Year Plan
The History Museum Studies Four Year Plan will give you an idea of what your coursework might look like over four years.
Not sure what to do with a degree in Museum Studies? Check out our career guide!
Explore Your Interests
Take advantage of these opportunities in the Metro which may spark your interest and even boost your resume.
- Oklahoma Museums: To see a list of Oklahoma museums go to http://www.okhistory.org/outreach/museums/index.html
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art: To learn about the current and upcoming exhibitions go to http://www.okcmoa.com/
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum: Go to http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum: Go to http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/
- Oklahoma Museums Association: Go to http://www.okmuseums.org/ for information on Oklahoma museums.
Change Your Major
Either complete a “Request to Change Major/Minor Form” OR meet with your advisor and he/she will change your major.