Broncho Spirit Card Frequently Asked Questions

How are refunds from UCO delivered to students?
To receive your refund, visit to activate your refund preference. Once your refund preference is selected, funds are sent from UCO to Higher One who then disburses them according to your selection. If you want the fastest access to your money, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your OneAccount- a fully functioning FDIC Insured FREE CHECKING account. Please Note: In order to receive a refund you must activate your refund preference at as soon as your card arrives in the mail.

How do I get my Broncho Spirit Card?
By mail at your primary address on file with University of Central Oklahoma.

I don't think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from UCO, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be canceled, or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from UCO ensures you'll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.

What are my options for receiving my refunds?

  • EasyRefundsSM to your OneAccount (available the same day UCO releases your refund).
  • Deposit to a bank of your choice (2-3 business days).

What exactly is the UCO OneAccount?
The OneAccount is a fully functioning FDIC Insured FREE CHECKING account that allows you to access your financial aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before. The OneAccount has no minimum balance, no monthly fees, and free Internet banking features. You may also use the Broncho Spirit Card to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted and withdraw cash with no fees at Higher One ATMs located on or around campus.

Why have my refunds deposited directly to the OneAccount?
Depositing your refund to the OneAccount, and selecting an Easy Refund is the fastest way to access your refund money.

  • The Broncho Spirit Card is a Debit MasterCard, NOT A CREDIT CARD. It can be used to make purchases at participating merchants that accept Debit MasterCard, get cash at ATMs, pay bills, and more.
  • Parents and friends can easily send you money online via the Send Money feature.
  • It's FREE!

How will I know when my financial aid or other refund has been direct deposited to my OneAccount?
Higher One will send an email to the address you entered during activation when your refund has been deposited to your OneAccount. You can view the details of your OneAccount by accessing your statement online at, or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.

Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
Yes. You may have your refund deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to do so, select ACH transfer (to other bank) for your refund preference during the activation process and complete, print, and mail the required third party form to the designated address.

I can't find my Broncho Spirit Card or am not sure I ever received one. How do I set up a refund preference?
At Campus Card Services we can order you a replacement Broncho Spirit Card if you need it to activate your refund preference for the first time (once you have activated a refund preference you will have to request replacement cards directly from Higher One). A replacement for an inactive Broncho Spirit Card will cost $10 and this fee is charged to your Bursar account. Alternatively, we can issue an Instant Personal Code to the email address of your choice at no cost. This code will allow to set up a refund preference without ordering a new Broncho Spirit Card. This may be especially useful if you plan to have your refunds deposited to a bank account other than a Higher One OneAccount.