Step 5: Checklist
- Tour UCO's campus
- Apply for admission. You will need to pay a $40.00 non-refundable application fee during the process. Follow the instructions listed. Or, download an Application Packet and submit it to the International Office in the Nigh University Center Room 137 or by mail to:
International Student Services Office
Nigh University Center, Room 137
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Dr, Box 136
Edmond, OK 73034
- Submit photocopies of your transcripts from all institutions attended by email or mail to your International Advisor. You will need to bring the official copy with you when you arrive for school.
- Submit a Statement of Understanding to your International Advisor by email or to the mailing address above.
- Submit a Financial Statement to your International Advisor by email or mail.
- Here is a checklist from the International Office to make sure you have everything you need for acceptance, including Proof of English Proficiency.
checkbox: Once accepted, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the International Office and an I-20 form that must be signed. Having a valid passport and valid I-20 form allows you to enter the U.S. You will bring your passport and I-20 form with you when you come to the US to attend UCO.
- Once accepted: you must apply for an F1 Student Visa in your country. You will pay a SEVIS fee to do so. If you are able to obtain the F1 Visa, you will pay another fee based on your country’s charge for the Visa.
- Once you receive an F1 Visa you will then need to purchase plane tickets to come to school.
- International Students on F1 Visas must enroll and remain in full-time status at 12 hours. Summer semesters are optional unless you start your first semester during Summer. If your first semester is Summer, then you will need to be in 6 hours for Summer to be considered full-time in Summer.
- For a global learning experience, check out the Global Learning Community on campus.
- Once accepted, enroll online through UCONNECT. Graduate course numbers begin with a 5 (example, ENG 5013)
- Pay your tuition and fees in person at the cashier's office in NUC 1st floor or online through UCONNECT.
- Go to class. Check out the Calendar (link to new calendar being created) important dates throughout the semester like when it begins and ends