Appeals Process for Denied Admission
In order for the Committee on Undergraduate Admissions and Academic Retention to make a special consideration of your petition, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete and turn in an application for admission to the University of Central Oklahoma Admissions Office.
2. Complete and turn in an appeal petition. You will fill out the .pdf petition and print the petition to turn in to Undergraduate Admissions office, NUC 124.
3. Submit all official transcripts including your high school transcripts and any colleges and universities you have attended.
4. If you are under 21, please submit official ACT/SAT scores. These scores may be listed on your high school transcript.
5. If you made a subtest score on the ACT of below 19 in English, Reading or Math, you must take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) in the appropriate area(s). Your appeal will not be submitted to the committee if you fail to take the required CPT test(s).
6. If you are over 21, and have not taken a college level course in English, Reading or Math you must take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) in the appropriate area(s). Your appeal will not be submitted to the committee if you fail to take the required CPT test.
7. Attach a personal statement addressed to the committee.
8. Any other supporting documents you would like to submit to the committee on your behalf.
9. You are strongly encouraged to read the information attached with the appeal petition.
10. If you would like to attend the meeting, you must given written notice at the time you turn in your completed appeal packet to the office of undergraduate admissions.
11. If you are late to the meeting your packet will be reviewed, however you will not be able to speak.
12. An incomplete packet will not be reviewed. Reference the instructions on how to build your packet. If your packet is incomplete, you must reapply for the next committee date and turn in a new, completed, appeals packet.
|Drop off Completed Petition and ALL Paperwork||Committee Meeting 1:30|
|October 17, 2012||October 25, 2012|
|November 20, 2012||November 29,2012|
January 8, 2013
|April 11, 2013||April 18, 2013|
|May 9, 2013
||May 16, 2013|
|June 6, 2013||June 13, 2013|
June 20, 2013
|June 27, 2013|
|July 18, 2013||July 25, 2013|
|August 8, 2013||August 15, 2013|