Appeals Process for Denied Admission
In order for the Committee on Undergraduate Admissions and Academic Retention to make a special consideration of your petition, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete and turn in an application for admission to the University of Central Oklahoma Admissions Office.
2. Complete and turn in an appeal petition. You will fill out the .pdf petition and print the petition to turn in to Undergraduate Admissions office, NUC 124.
3. Submit all official transcripts including your high school transcripts and any colleges and universities you have attended.
4. If you are under 21, please submit official ACT/SAT scores. These scores may be listed on your high school transcript.
5. If you made a subtest score on the ACT of below 19 in English, Reading or Math, you must take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) in the appropriate area(s). Your appeal will not be submitted to the committee if you fail to take the required CPT test(s).
6. If you are over 21, and have not taken a college level course in English, Reading or Math you must take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) in the appropriate area(s). Your appeal will not be submitted to the committee if you fail to take the required CPT test.
7. Attach a personal statement addressed to the committee.
8. Any other supporting documents you would like to submit to the committee on your behalf.
9. You are strongly encouraged to read the information attached with the appeal petition.
10. If you are late to the meeting your packet will be reviewed, however you will not be able to speak.
11. An incomplete packet will not be reviewed. Reference the instructions on how to build your packet. If your packet is incomplete, you must reapply for the next committee date and turn in a new, completed, appeals petition.You will be contacted within a week of the submission deadline to schedule an appointment. Please report to Undergraduate Admissions, Nigh University Center Room 124, before your scheduled appointment to meet with the committee members.
|Drop off Completed Petition and ALL Paperwork|
|October 23, 2014|
|November 13, 2014|
December 4, 2014*
|March 5, 2015|
|April 2, 2015|
|May 7, 2015|
June 4, 2015
|July 2, 2015|
|July 23, 2015|
*If you submit an appeal petition for the December 4, 2014 petition deadline, you will not have the option to meet with the committee. This meeting will be an internal review of all documents submitted with the appeal petition for alternative admission.