- Department of Funeral Service
- Distance Education/Online Options
- Department of Funeral Service Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
Sigma Phi Sigma Funeral Service Fraternity
Welcome to Sigma Phi Sigma, Gamma Chapter
Who Are We?
Sigma Phi Sigma is a national funeral service fraternitydevoted to enhancing the education of funeral service practitioners.
Sigma Phi Sigma became a recognized chartered business fraternity during the fall semester of 1965 at Southern Illinois University. Today, there are seventeen affiliated chapters. The Gamma Chapter received formal recognition on the University of Central Oklahoma campus on October 22, 1970. In our 25 + years, we have augmented the education of hundreds of students.
The vision of Sigma Phi Sigma, Gamma Chapter, is to become the preeminent Sigma Phi Sigma chapter in the world by meeting the ideals of our mission statement and goals of the fraternity.
Our Mission Statement
* To promote professionalism by providing opportunities for the development of leadership and climates for exchange of professional concepts, ethics and ideals.
* Educate the public concerning the funeral profession and increase the public's appreciation of the profession by advocating participation in community service projects.
* Encourage fellowship between students, faculty and business entities.
* Aid students in their academic endeavors through educational opportunities, speakers or other tools with the goal of exceeding National and/or State Board Examination standards.
* Provide members various tools to advance their career goals and to assist in securing a position with a funeral service provider.