- Funeral Services
- Funeral Service Distance Education/Online Options
- Funeral Services Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
- * To enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession
- * To educate students in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary of the profession
- * To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large
- * To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct
- * To provide curriculum at the post secondary level of instruction
- * To encourage research in the field of funeral service
Aims & Purposes of the Funeral Services Department
The Department of Funeral Service Education recognizes the importance of funeral service education personnel as
members of a human services profession;
members of the community in which they serve;
participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, provincial/territorial, and local regulatory guidelines (in the geographic area where they practice), as well as
professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety, and welfare in caring for human remains.
The UCO funeral service program is designed to prepare students for a successful career in funeral directing and embalming.
The Funeral Service degree integrates the study of Anatomy, Art, Business, Chemistry, Law, Marketing & Psychology.
phone: (405) 974-5001
The University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The Funeral Service Program at The University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the
3414 Ashland Avenue, Suite G, St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 (816) 233-3747 Web: www.abfse.org.
Funeral Service programs are offered at the University of Central Oklahoma on both the baccalaureate level and the Certificate of Completion level.
National Board Examination scores, graduation rates, and employment rates for this and other ABFSE-accredited programs are available at www.abfse.org. To request a printed copy of this program's scores and rates, go to: UCO Department of Funeral Service, CHS 154, 100 North University Drive, Edmond OK 73034 or by e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone, (405) 974-5001.