- Department of Funeral Service
- Distance Education/Online Options
- Department of Funeral Service Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
- * To enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession
- * To educate students in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary of the profession
- * To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large
- * To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct
- * To provide curriculum at the post secondary level of instruction
- * To encourage research in the field of funeral service
Aims & Purposes of the Department of Funeral Service
The Department of Funeral Service recognizes the importance of funeral service education personnel as
members of a human services profession;
members of the community in which they serve;
participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, provincial/territorial, and local regulatory guidelines (in the geographic area where they practice), as well as
professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety, and welfare in caring for human remains.
phone: (405) 974-5001
The University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The Department of Funeral Service degree and certificate programs at University of Central Oklahoma are accredited by the
3414 Ashland Avenue, Suite G, St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 (816) 233-3747 Web: www.abfse.org.
National Board Examination scores, graduation rates, and employment rates for this and other ABFSE-accredited programs are available at www.abfse.org. To request a printed copy of this program's scores and rates, go to: UCO Department of Funeral Service, CHS 154, 100 North University Drive, Edmond OK 73034 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone, (405) 974-5001.