Steps to Admission to the University of Central Oklahoma and the Department of Funeral Service

First you must Complete the process for admission to The University of Central Oklahoma, Then you will proceed to declare Funeral Service as your major.

  • Click on the following link for the University online application:


Tuition Calculator
Use the link above to calculate your Tuition costs. You will plug in Undergraduate hours. The Bachelor's Degree totals 124 credit hours. You can calculate by semester (full time is 12 hours or more)
Cost of Attendance

           If you are transferring courses from another Institution you may find this link helpful.

 For Incoming Freshman: For incoming freshmen or students with less than 30 credit hours contact the Undergraduate Academic Advisement Office at 405-974-2727 or go by the Nigh University Center First Floor (NUC 121) to schedule an advisement appointment prior to enrolling.
For transfer students with more than 30 credit hours, You will find transfer student support here you may also schedule an appointment with academic advisement by calling 405-974-2727 or going by the Nigh University Center First Floor (NUC 121)

Click here for Academic Advisement Information

            After Admission:

Incoming freshman must attend an Enrollment Central orientation session. For information on how to attend one of these sessions and remove this hold, contact the Office of First Year Experience at 405-974-5390. 
Transfer Students need to complete Transfer Enrollment Central, an orientation process. Contact the Office of First Year Experience at 405-974-5390 for details on how to remove this hold.  For more information, please visit
  • Complete the Department of Funeral Service Admission Form.

  • Click this link to complete the form online              
  • Click on the following link to print and Return completed form to the Department of Funeral Service  
      • *Department of Funeral Service University of Central Oklahoma 100 N. University Drive P.O. Box 186 Edmond, OK 73034
      • (Please note: The university will require that official transcripts from a previous high school and/or college be sent to Enrollment Services.An ADDITIONAL copy must be mailed directly from the institution to: The Department of Funeral Service 100 N University Drive Edmond OK 73034)
  • Please request a transcript be sent directly to the Funeral Service Department in addition to Enrollment Services
    To comply with American Board of Funeral Service Education accreditation guidelines (ABFSE Standard 10.1.2a - see below),
    • a transcript must be sent directly from said high school, university, or college. No transcripts will be accepted that are received by any other method.
      ABFSE Standard 10.1.2.a - "Transcript of high school or college work, received by mail directly from the institution from which the credits were received."
    • Review the programs offered by the Department of Funeral Service