- Funeral Services
- Funeral Service Distance Education/Online Options
- Funeral Services Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
Steps to Admission to the University of Central Oklahoma and the Funeral Service Department
First you must Complete the process for admission to The University of Central Oklahoma, Then you will proceed to declare Funeral Service as your major.
Click on the following link for the University online application:
Use the link above to calculate your Tuition costs. You will plug in Undergraduate hours. The Bachelor's Degree totals 124 credit hours. You can calculate by semester (full time is 12 hours or more)
Please visit the Oklahoma Funeral Board website for detailed information about licensing requirements in Oklahoma and for details about completing the apprenticeship requirement.
Please note: The university will require that official transcripts from a previous high school and/or college be sent to Enrollment Services.An ADDITIONAL copy must be mailed directly from the institution to: The Department of Funeral Service 100 N University Drive Edmond OK 73034
If you are transferring courses from another Institution you may find this link helpful.
For Incoming Freshman: For incoming freshmen or students with less than 30 credit hours contact the Undergraduate Academic Advisement Office at 405-974-2727 or go by the Nigh University Center First Floor (NUC 121) to schedule an advisement appointment prior to enrolling.For transfer students with more than 30 credit hours, schedule an appointment with academic advisement by calling 405-974-2727 or going by the Nigh University Center First Floor (NUC 121)
The Academic Advisor for the Funeral Service Department is Garrett Johnson Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccination Record information prior to enrollment
Oklahoma law requires that all incoming students provide their official vaccination records including MMR and Hepatitis B.
- please submit your complete vaccination record to the Student Health Center:
Mercy Health Clinic at UCO
100 N. University Drive., Box 123
Edmond, OK 73034
405-974-3135 - Paula Fowler
405-974-3808 fax – Attention: Paula Fowler
Incoming freshman must attend an Enrollment Central orientation session. For information on how to attend one of these sessions and remove this hold, contact the Office of First Year Experience at 405-974-5390.
- Transfer Students need to complete Transfer Enrollment Central, an orientation process. Contact the Office of First Year Experience at 405-974-5390 for details on how to remove this hold.
- For more information, please visit www.uco.edu/enrollmentcentral
- Click on the following link to print and Return completed form to the Department of Funeral Service
- http://www.uco.edu/funeral/Application/appform1.pdf or this link to complete theform online http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7MHNRZS
- *Department of Funeral Service
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive
P.O. Box 186 Edmond, OK 73034
- Don't forget to request a transcript be sent directly to the Funeral Service Department in addition to Enrollment Services
To comply with American Board of Funeral Service Education accreditation guidelines (ABFSE Standard 10.1.2a - see below),
- a transcript must be sent directly from said high school, university, or college. No transcripts will be accepted that are received by any other method.
ABFSE Standard 10.1.2.a - "Transcript of high school or college work, received by mail directly from the institution from which the credits were received."
- Review the programs offered by the Department of Funeral Service