- Funeral Services
- Funeral Service Distance Education/Online Options
- Funeral Services Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
Further Requirements for Licensure
Requirements for ABFSE
The Department of Funeral Service Education Bachelor of Science Degree - Funeral Service
the University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the
Phone: 816-233-3747, FAX 816-233-3793, Cell 816-341-2573.
The annual passage rate of first-time takers on the National Board Examination (NBE) for the most recent three-year period for this institution and all ABFSE accredited funeral service education programs is posted on the ABFSE web site (www.abfse.org).
Employment as a funeral director/embalmer is also dependent upon state requirements.
Oklahoma and most other states require:
- Completion of the Degree Program (or Funeral Service Certificate* Program) in Funeral Service
- Attaining a passing score on the National Board Examination
- Completing the appropriate licensure procedure with the state. (Check with the state in which you intend to practice well in advance of graduation) State contact and requirements can be found at the following link http://www.theconferenceonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Regulations-in-Licensing-2013.pdf
(At least (40) credit hours of work applied toward all bachelor degrees must be from upper division (3000/4000) courses. This is to include at least fifteen (15) upper division hours in the major.)
The examination and the licensing process result in additional expenses to the student and are determined by the appropriate agencies. The expenses are not affiliated with the UCO Funeral Service Department and are expenses of all graduates seeking licensure.