- Funeral Services
- Funeral Service Distance Education/Online Options
- Funeral Services Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
Further Requirements for Licensure
Employment as a funeral director/embalmer is also dependent upon state requirements.
Oklahoma and some other states require:
- Completion of the Degree Program (or Funeral Service Certificate* Program) in Funeral Service (the Certificate alone does not meet OK Licensing Requirements, additional college credit hours are needed)
- Attaining a passing score on the National Board Examinations
The expense of the exam is the responsibility of the student.
Please visit The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards for testing information and cost.
- Completing the appropriate licensure procedure with the state.
- (Check with the state in which you intend to practice) State contact and requirements can be found at the following link http://www.theconferenceonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Regulations-in-Licensing-2013.pdf
(At least (40) credit hours of work applied toward all bachelor degrees must be from upper division (3000/4000) courses. This is to include at least fifteen (15) upper division hours in the major.)
The examination and the licensing process result in additional expenses to the student and are determined by the appropriate agencies. The expenses are not affiliated with the UCO Funeral Service Department and are expenses of all graduates seeking licensure.