- Department of Funeral Service
- Distance Education/Online Options
- Department of Funeral Service Faculty and Staff
- Scholarship Information
- UCO Funeral Service on Facebook
- Funeral Service Related Links
- Advisory Board
Further Requirements for Licensure
Employment as a funeral director/embalmer is also dependent upon state requirements.
Check with the state in which you intend to practice for licensing requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited program in addition to a designated number of upper level credit hours of college course work. See https://ok.gov/funeral/ for details and see the American Board of Funeral Service Education website for accredited programs abfse.org
- Attaining a passing score on the National Board Examinations
Please visit The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards for testing information and cost.
- Completing the appropriate licensure procedure with the state which may include an apprenticeship and state law exam
The examination and the licensing process result in additional expenses to the student and are determined by the appropriate agencies. The expenses are not affiliated with the UCO Funeral Service Department and are expenses of all graduates seeking licensure.