College of Fine Arts and Design
Scholarships / Auditions
How to Become a Theatre Arts Major
Students officially enrolled at UCO—are welcome to declare Theatre Arts as his/her major. Open the link below to declare a major:
Theatre Arts Tuition Waiver/ Scholarship
UCO’s Department of Theatre Arts provides scholarships each year for its majors. There are two types of scholarships/tuition waivers: Freshman/Transfer Student application and Continuing Student application. Please first select the ‘Information Letter’ in the appropriate section before completing the application.
Both in-state and out-of-state tuition waivers are available for Theatre Arts majors. For in-state tuition waivers, a student must be an Oklahoma resident and enrolled in 12 credit hours. For out-of-state students, there are tuition waivers to waive a portion of the out-of-state fees.
If you are a Freshman/Transfer Student
Freshman/Transfer Theatre Arts Info Letter- HYPERLINKED to file with the same name
Freshman/Transfer Theatre Arts Scholarship Application- HYPERLINKED to file with the same name
If you are a current Theatre Arts Student
Current Student Theatre Arts Info Letter- HYPERLINKED to file with the same name
Current Student Theatre Arts Scholarship Application- HYPERLINKED to file with the same name
Theatre Arts Audition Requirements
- BFA Performance majors will perform two contrasting monologues. (Total time for both monologues—two minutes).
- BFA Theatre/Communication Education majors will interview with Carrie Hill, program coordinator.
- BFA Design/Technology majors will interview or present a portfolio to the Head of Design—Angela Marks-Hawthorne.
Theatre Arts Scholarships within the College of Fine Arts and Design
Theatre Arts has scholarships held within the college. These scholarships are listed below and can be found following the link: 2015-2016 Scholarship Application Information
- The Douglas R. Getzoff Scholarship
- The Hanna McCarthy Scholarship
- The Barbara Kay Gillmore Scholarship
- The Kato Buss Scholarship