College of Education and Professional Studies
Education Building, Room 207
Phone: (405) 974-5710
Fax: (405) 974-3878
Dr. Bryan Duke
Director of Teacher Education / Assistant Dean
Mr. Brett King
Ms. Cynthia Howard
Coordinator of Student Teaching
Ms. Karen Davis
Coordinator of Field Experiences and Teacher Certification
Welcome to Student Teaching
Admission into Student Teaching
Candidates planning to student teach during the fall 2013 semester must complete all steps in order for the application to be considered.
Deadline: September 6, 2013
- Meet all requirements for Teacher Education and Student Teaching including background check
- Complete Application
- Information page
- Student Teaching Placement Preferences
- Major GPA Requirement
- Teacher Education GPA Requirements
- Methods Requirements
- Felony Questionnaire and Accuracy Statements - Current Background Check
- Department Advisement Requirements
- Biographical Information
- Foreign Language Verification Page and Documentation - Proficiency Form
- Code of Ethics (if not completed previously)
- Advisor's copy of UCO Transcript (see advisor's office). UCOnnect transcript will not be accepted.
- Transcripts from other universities if all course work is not listed on the unofficial UCO transcript
- Copy of official OGET (if not previously submitted) and official OSAT score results if available (OSAT may be taken during application semester. It must be passed prior to student teaching) For Modern Language majors the OPI test must be passed prior to student teaching
- Completion of Passport Portal 1 and Field Experiences 1 and 2
The electronic portfolio should be up-to-date with all applicable artifacts submitted and assessed prior to student teaching
- Obtain department chair or designated person's signature on recommendation for student teaching
- Complete and Sign Felony Questionnaire, Accuracy Statement
- Submit completed application packet to Teacher Education Services, EDU 207 by deadline (No Exceptions)
- Sign up and attend mandatory small group meetings
If you do not submit your student teaching application to EDU 207 by the due date, you may jeopardize your opportunity to student teach in the semester you have planned.
Quick Links to Student Teacher Documents
Teacher Work Sample
These are forms you will complete at the end of the semester about your mentor teacher and your university supervisor. These are viewing only, but must be completed in Passport.
Teacher Leader Effectiveness (TLE)
The following models are adopted by Oklahoma. When you enter a school, find out which one they are following.
Comparing the Evaluation Models-Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation
Passport Help (e-port folio)
Information Regarding How YOU are Evaluated
These are forms that your mentor teacher(s) and university supervisor will be completing.
Some majors have additional evaluations that are required
Other Evaluation (For information only)
Forms for Certification