Grants and Development
Grants and Development
Grant Council Members
Grants News Flash
Upcoming Grant Writing Workshops
- Find Your Opportunity: 2013 UCO Faculty/Staff External Grant Writing Workshop
The Office of Research and Grants will be sponsoring a two day grant writing workshop on Oct. 14, and Oct. 15 from 8:30am-4pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about searching for grant opportunities, the requirements to apply for an external grant, finding collaborators, and much, much more. The workshop is open to UCO faculty and staff, but seating is limited, so register early! The deadline for registration is September 30. For more information contact the CEPS Grant Facilitator, Mary Huffman firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Office of Research and Grants (email@example.com).
- Beginning Grantwriting: the Process
Provided by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
9:00 am-3:30 pm – September 26, 2013
Oklahoma College Access Program Conference Room - 840 Research Parkway, Suite 450, OKC
This workshop is for faculty members and others who have not written a grant proposal or who want to write a grant proposal soon. The process of writing a grant will be covered. Participants will actually write and critique their writing in the workshop. A laptop and a flash drive are required. There is no fee, but you must register to attend. Send your contact information and affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Grant Opportunities, and Awarded Grants
- 2013-2014 On-Campus Grant Opportunities: Each year the Office of Research & Grants offers faculty an opportunity to participate in the on-campus faculty grant program. The purpose of the program is to encourage a continuum of research, creative and scholarly activities by faculty at UCO. The intent of this program is to provide funding for faculty members to develop research projects with internal funds and then complete or expand the project with funds obtained from an external granting agency (federal, state, private corporation, foundation, etc.). All proposals will be peer-reviewed by external evaluators (non-UCO faculty and employees) with knowledge in the discipline of each proposal. Brochures listing the grant opportunities are available in the OR&G office (NUC 341). The deadlines for submission are Feb. 15 (for faculty start-up grant), and March 14 for other grants.
CEPS Grant Scholars Program
This program began in the summer of 2012 for CEPS faculty members with interest and capacity to become more involved in external grant writing activities. The CEPS Grant Writing Scholars Program was developed by Mary Huffman with the assistance of the CEPS Grant Council and is based on many components of the CURE-STEM program that has been so successful in the College of Mathematics and Science. If you are interested in learning more about this program please email email@example.com.
The faculty members currently participating in this program are:
- Dr. Melissa Powers - Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Mrs. Rachelle Franz - Kinesiology and Health Studies
Searching for Grant Opportunities – Did you know you can easily search the COS-Pivot database for grant opportunities throughout the world? Did you know it’s free to register and that your name as a faculty member might already be in there waiting for you to update? Check out the COS-Pivot database and register to see if you find anything that might interest you. You can also update your profile, and the program will “match” possible grant opportunities!
What does your Grant Facilitator Do? That’s a good question – I’m here to help you find grant opportunities, assist with ideas, grant writing training, editing, research, preparing budgets and budget justifications, submission of grants, and, basically, just to help you be more successful (and much more)! If you’re interested in a topic, or just want to talk, come by and see me in EDU225, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can share ideas!
Full HTML Version