College of Education and Professional Studies
If Your Grant is Funded
IF YOUR GRANT OR CONTRACT IS FUNDED PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (including all grants or contracts awarded through the Foundation that require financial administration through UCO)
Make a copy for your files, and a copy for the Grant Facilitator. Send the originals to OR&G for their records. If you did not work with the Grant Facilitator on the grant itself, please provide them with a copy of your proposal. Notify your Chair and the Dean that you have received the award.
All Memorandums of Agreement or other contracts received from an external funding agency need to be reviewed by the Grant Facilitator and by the OR&G accounting office.
- Make a copy for your files
- Review the contract with your grant facilitator who will send then send the documents to the OR&G accounting office
- OR&G will review the documents and route them for approval from: 1) UCO’s legal department, and 2) other authorizing UCO personnel signature
- OR&G will then return the signed documents to the funding agency and provide signed copies to the PI
Tracking Grant Expenditures (ORG number)
When all your contracts are approved, the OR&G accounting office will request the UCO accounting office to set up a unique “ORG” number. Once you receive notification that an ORG has been established, contact the Dean’s Executive Office Assistant (email@example.com) for an overview of the established procedures for purchasing.
When setting up the Org, the following people need to have access to the account:
- 1) your department’s office administrative assistant;
- 2) the Dean’s Executive Office Assistant who is the budget manager for the college; and
- 3) the Grant Facilitator (view only rights).
All expenses related to the grant award need to be charged to the designated ORG number for the grant.
Once the ORG is set up, the approved budget amount will be available for the specified contract time frame in Banner. When the budget has been entered in banner, expenses can be charged to it. (If your particular account is a “reimbursable” account then you would purchase materials using the Org number, and then you would contact OR&G accounting to handle the invoicing so we can receive the funds back.)
It is the PI’s responsibility to ensure that all expenditures made against his/her grant or contract is in compliance with the scope, terms, and conditions of the grantor agreement/contract.
The OR&G accounting office is responsible for overseeing all external grant/contract expenditures (including 501(c)3 Foundation grants if administered through UCO) . Their office reviews expenditures to verify they meet the terms and conditions of the award documents and are in compliance with any applicable federal regulations.
If invoices are required for reimbursement of expended funds on a grant or contract, the personnel responsible for monitoring the ORG should contact the OR&G accounting office who will prepare the invoices to be sent to the funding agency.
The OR&G grants accounting office is willing to:
- provide monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reports to you for your review or reporting purposes
- work with your staff on any of your accounting/tracking needs regarding the grant or contract