Kinesiology & Health Studies Symposium
Kinesiology and Health Studies Symposium
The purpose of the Symposium is to highlight the transformative accomplishments of KHS students. The KHS Symposium is held each fall and spring semester.
Fall 2016 Symposium
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Students submitting a research project or thesis should submit an abstract. All other students may submit a short summary of their projects. Please use the following guidelines when preparing your abstract or summary.
- Maximum 1,500 characters including spaces
- Title: Limited to 150 characters
- All abstracts/summaries must be submitted through this website.
- You are required to choose a format preference from the list below:
- Poster presentation. A poster presentation allows the presenter to share information in a visual format and encourages discussion between presenter and participant. Most posters are created using Microsoft Powerpoint software. The maximum size for a Symposium poster is 44" x 36".
- Paper presentation. In a paper presentation, the presenter makes a 10-12 minute oral presentation about their topic usually accompanied by a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation. The presentation is followed by a 3 minute question and answer period.
- Table-top display. The table-top display allows the presenter to present information in a visual format while including additional visual aids such as models or brochures. This format encourages discussion between the presenter and participants. Table-tops displays must fit on 6-foot standard table.
- Round table discussion. The round table discussion allows presenters to provide information in an interactive format with participation and response from the audience.
- Sample Abstract and Summary
- Guidelines for Making Presentations
Students submitting abstracts or summaries will be notified of their acceptance to present at the KHS Symposium by email.
For more information about the KHS Symposium, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the KHS department offices at 405-974-5230
Full HTML Version