College of Education and Professional Studies
- College Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Study Tours
- Urban Teacher Preparation Academy
- Community Partners & Services
- Prospective Teachers Academy
Kinesiology and Health Studies Symposium
The purpose of the Symposium is to highlight the transformative accomplishments of KHS students. The KHS Symposium is held each fall and spring semester.
Spring 2014 Symposium
Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Location: Wantland Hall & HPE Building
All KHS students wishing to make a presentation at the KHS Symposium must submit an abstract or summary by the posted deadline.
- Spring 2014 Abstract/Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, March 7, 2014
- Poster Printing Deadline: April 4, 2014
Students submitting a research project or thesis should submit an abstract. All other students may submit a short summary of their projects. Please use the following guidelines when preparing your abstract or summary.
- Maximum 1,500 characters including spaces
- Title: Limited to 150 characters
- All abstracts/summaries must be submitted through this website.
- You are required to choose a format preference from the list below:
- Poster presentation. A poster presentation allows the presenter to share information in a visual format and encourages discussion between presenter and participant. Most posters are created using Microsoft Powerpoint software. The maximum size for a Symposium poster is 44" x 36".
- Paper presentation. In a paper presentation, the presenter makes a 10-12 minute oral presentation about their topic usually accompanied by a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation. The presentation is followed by a 3 minute question and answer period.
- Table-top display. The table-top display allows the presenter to present information in a visual format while including additional visual aids such as models or brochures. This format encourages discussion between the presenter and participants. Table-tops displays must fit on 6-foot standard table.
- Round table discussion. The round table discussion allows presenters to provide information in an interactive format with participation and response from the audience.
- Sample Abstract and Summary
- Guidelines for Making Presentations
Students submitting abstracts or summaries will be notified of their acceptance to present at the KHS Symposium by March 14, 2014.
For more information about the KHS Symposium, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the KHS department offices at 405-974-5230.