College of Education and Professional Studies
- College Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Study Tours
- Community Partners & Services
Guidelines for Making a Presentation at the KHS Symposium
All presenters are responsible for registering their presentation by the time printed in the Final Symposium Program. Please be advised that the sooner you register, the easier it will be for you to locate your designated room/poster display board.
General Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- All posters must be submitted to Suzanne Frank, EDU 105 no later than April 3, 2015
- Posters should be saved on a jump drive and accompanied by the Poster Printing Request Form for printing.
- Maximum poster size: 44" in length x 36" in width, however it is strongly suggested that you create a smaller poster to ensure a good fit on the poster board. Most presenters find a 44” x 34” or 40" x 30" works well. Presenters are responsible for ensuring that their poster is the correct size.
- Background must be white. Color can be used for text and figures.
- Some posters may need to be trimmed after printing. We suggest you do this before arriving at the Symposium
- Posters must be posted on the presentation board 15 minutes prior to the scheduled presentation time.
- Presenter must remain with their poster throughout their assigned session. Unattended posters will be removed and discarded.
- Push pins will be available at the KHS Symposium.
Tips for Creating a Professional Poster Presentation
- Poster should be read from top to bottom, left to right.
- Avoid using too much text. Use bullets and figures to break up text.
- Be creative.
- Use a minimum font size of 36 for text, 90 for title, and 50 for authors line.
- Do not use cursive text.
- Use colors that contrast with the white background.
- Do not use pictures from the internet.
Guidelines for Paper Presentations
- All PPT presentations should be downloaded to the computer in your assigned room 15 minutes prior to your scheduled presentation time.
- Presentations should be limited to 12 minutes, followed by a 3 minute question/answer period.
- Ensure that the colors of your presentation contrast one another.
- Each session will include a maximum of 4 paper presentations (approximately 60 minutes)
Guidelines for Table-top Displays
- All presenters must be present with their display prepared 15 minutes prior to their scheduled presentation time.
- Presenters must remain with their table-top display through their assigned session. Unattended table-top displays will be removed and discarded.
- Presenters are encouraged to be creative in their use of colors and arrangements.
- Avoid using too much text. Use visual aids to encourage discussion.