Dr. J. Kirk Webster
Dr. J. Kirk Webster
Phone: (405) 974-5448
Office: LIB 125
- Ed.D. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- B.A., Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Born in Oklahoma City, married with three children and one grandson. Enjoy meeting new people, playing racquetball, watching college sports, studying history, and watching others realize their individual potential. Have served as a teacher, athletic director, assistant principal, and superintendent in public and private schools in Oklahoma. Currently serving as Program Coordinator and Assistant Department Chair in the Educational Leadership Program. Education: Graduated from Northwest Classen High School, earned degrees from Oklahoma State University. B.A History, M.S. Curriculum & Instruction, Ed.D. Educational Administration. Specialties include educational leadership, interpersonal relations, and school cohorts (partnerships).
- Webster, Kirk (2009). Lessons Learned with Partnerships. The process involved in the completion of a collaborative partnership that prepared quality school leaders. This article includes a full description of the curriculum, description, and planning development implementation, and initial reviews of the first year, internship/mentorship, logistics, and perspectives of partner participants, assessments, and plans for year two. Academic Quarterly Exchange. Peer-reviewed international scholarly journal.
- Machell, J., Pink, B., & Webster, K. Creating and Sustaining University – School District Principal Preparation Partnerships. Presented at the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 61st Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2009, Chicago, IL, National level.
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, Dean’s Meeting, April 2008. Alternative Certification For Administration – Competency Based. Presented reasons why partnering with school districts in a cohort format will develop strong school leaders who possess all the skills necessary to be successful. State level. Oklahoma City, OK.
Full HTML Version