Dr. C. Diane Rudebock
Dr. C. Diane Rudebock
Phone: (405) 974-5216
Office: WAH 101B
- Doctor of Education, Applied Educational Studies, Oklahoma State University
- Master of Science, Natural and Applied Science, Oklahoma State University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Oklahoma, Health Sciences Center
Diane Rudebock is a Registered Nurse and Professor at the University of Central Oklahoma where she serves as the coordinator for the graduate Wellness Management, Health Studies program. Prior to joining the university in 2003, she was a Public Health Nurse Manager for 17 years at the Oklahoma City County Health Department. She coordinated The Labyrinth Project for the University of Central Oklahoma campus and the new permanent paver campus labyrinth was dedicated on September 6, 2013. Dr. Rudebock is a frequent guest speaker on health and wellness topics including the importance of using Affirmations in our daily lives and creating balance in our day!
Dr. Rudebock is the current Chair of the Labyrinth Society Research Committee and is involved in various stages of research looking at the effects of interacting with the labyrinth. She is one of the founding members of the Central Oklahoma Labyrinth Facilitators and is also an active member of the Edmond Labyrinth Guild which offers open community labyrinth walks on a monthly basis.
As a Veriditas Certified Labyrinth Facilitator, she uses the labyrinth in the courses that she teaches and leads labyrinth events on campus and in the community. She has facilitated labyrinth presentations and workshops on international, national, state and local levels for the past ten years.
Dr. Rudebock has traveled extensively over the past 20 years as a part of medical mission teams to Mexico and Central and South America. She and her husband, Rich, an Oklahoma Baptist University Professor, have taught in China, India and Brazil since 2002.
- 2014 College of Education & Health Studies Collaborative Teamwork Award
- Ladies in the News Honoree, Oklahoma Hospitality Club, 2014
- College of Education Merit Service Award, April 2013
- Elizabeth H. Threat Diversity Initiative Award 2013, College of Education and Professional Studies, April 26, 2013
- UCO Healthy Campus Leadership Team Member of the Year 2012-13, April 11, 2013
- College of Education and Professional Studies, Senior Faculty Award, April 15, 2011
- “Women Who Care” nominee for Women Making a Difference in Oklahoma; Gaillardia Golf and Country Club, September 24, 2010. Sponsored by Integris Women’s Health Forum
- College of Education and Professional Studies Merit Award for Collaborative Team Work, May 2009
- University of Central Oklahoma Herbert S. Dordick Outstanding Mentor Award 2005
- 2004 George Prothro Award. American Lung Association for excellence in community health education 2004
- Oklahoma City County Health Department Employee of the Year 1999
- Rudebock, C.D. (Fall 2011). “Nature’s Light for the Path.” Labyrinth Pathways. UK: Caerdroia. (Accepted for Fall 2011 publication.) This is an annual publication of The Labyrinth Society.
- Rudebock, C. D. (Winter 2009). “The Invisible Baggage: Remembering the Humanity of our students.” College Teaching. 57(1). Quarterly publication of the educational publishing division of the Helen Dwight Reid Educational Foundation.
- Rudebock, C. D. (January, February, March 2009). “The Path of the Labyrinth: Walking for Reflection.” American College Health Association, The Official Newsletter
- Ogbeide, S. A., Neumann, C.A., Sandoval, B.E., and Rudebock, C.D. (2010). Gender Differences between Body Weight and Psychological Well-Being during Young Adulthood: A Brief Report. The New School Psychology Bulletin, 8(1), pp. 42-47.
Full HTML Version