College of Education and Professional Studies
Dr. Jill Rooker
Phone: (405) 974-5885
Office: LIB 129
- Certified Online Instructor - courses in Online Course Development and Management - 2006
- Ph.D. - Instructional Systems Technology and Library & Information Science - Indiana University - 1995
- M.S. - Library Science and Audiovisual Education - Oklahoma State University - 1984
- B.S. - Secondary English and Journalism Education - Oklahoma State University - 1978
- B.S. - Radio-TV-Film - Oklahoma State University - 1976
PublicationsProfessional Publishing - current/ongoing
- Book Reviewer, American Reference Books Annual 2001 - present.
- Book Reviewer, Recommended Reference Materials for Small and Medium-sized Libraries and Media Centers 2001-present.
Presentations - since 2005
- National Association of Multicultural Education (NAME), Chicago, IL. Teaching Tolerance through Multicultural Young Adult Literature … with Dr. Pat Couts – November 2011.
- American Association of School Librarians 15th National Conference and Exhibition: Turn the Pages. Minneapolis, MN. Harmonizing: Music + Multicultural Literature = Reading with a Beat … with Dr. Pat Couts and Clynell Reinschmiedt – October 2011.
- eLearning 2011. St. Pete Beach, FL. The Social Role of the Online Instructor: Developing the Digital Personality … with Andrea Stone – February 2011.
- Heartland eLearning Conference: Jazz up Distance Learning. Edmond, OK. Quality is as Quality Does: Creating Interactive Content for Online … with Lee Ann Brown – March 2010.
- Heartland eLearning Conference: Jazz up Distance Learning. Edmond, OK. Want to Get Social? Jazz Up Online Courses with Social Networking … with Karen Sneary – March 2010.
- American Association of School Librarians 14th National Conference and Exhibition: Rev Up Learning. Charlotte, NC. Move your Media Center to the Fast Lane with Public Relations campaigns … with Dr. Pat Couts – November 2009.
- Encyclomedia - Annual State Conference for School Librarians - Copyright Concerns in Media Production. September 2008.
- American Association of School Librarians 13th National Conference and Exhibition: The Future Begins @ Your Library. Reno, NV. CSI: Reno … with Dr. Pat Couts – October 2007.
- Central Oklahoma Workforce Investment Board. Career Exploration Information for School Library Media Specialists … with Karen Sneary – July 2007.
- EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference. Austin, TX. Blue Light Special for Teachers @ "Tech-Mart": Make Partnerships Work … with Karen Sneary – February 2007.
- !MPACT 2006 8th Annual WebCT International User Conference. Chicago, IL. The Odd Couple: Successful Faculty/IT Collaboration ... with Sandra Burkey - July 2006.
- SBC's Cal Hobson Technology Training for Teachers Grant - 9 weeks of specialized training during Summer 2006.
- 3rd Annual Oklahoma Regional WebCT/Blackboard Conference. Edmond, OK. Keeping Students Informed with the WebCT Assignment Tool – March 2006.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology - 'Exploring the Vision' 2005 AECT International Convention, Orlando, FL. Corporate Partner + Free Giveaways = Successful Teacher Technology Training ... with Karen Sneary - October 2005.
- American Association of School Librarians 12th National Conference and Exhibition: Every Student Succeeds @ Your Library. Pittsburgh, PA. Learner Characteristics and Instructional Strategies ... with Drs. Pat Couts and Judith Wakefield - October 2005.
- Encyclomedia - Annual State Conference for School Librarians - Are We There Yet? Learner Characteristics and Diversity ... with Drs. Pat Couts and Judith Wakefield - September 2005.
- UCO Faculty Enhancement Day. Edmond, OK. I Left My Heart in San Francisco, but I Brought Back Lots of Great Stuff about WebCT ... with Dr. Mark Hamlin - August 2005.
- UCO Faculty Enhancement Day. Edmond, OK. Adobe: It's More Than Just a Brick! ... with Karen Sneary - August 2005.
- !MPACT 2005 7th Annual WebCT International User Conference. San Francisco, CA. UCO Faculty Representative - Conference Attendee - July 2005.
- SBC's Cal Hobson Technology Training for Teachers Grant – Master Trainer for Levels 1, 2 and 3 - 4 weeks of training during Summer 2005.