College of Education and Professional Studies
Dr. Robin Lacy
Phone: (405) 974-5860
Office: HES 200D
- BS - Marketing - Oklahoma State University - 1985
- BS - Management - Oklahoma State University - 1985
- MS - Environmental Science - Oklahoma State University - 1998
- Ph.D. - Environmental Science - Oklahoma State University - 2011
Mr. Lacy currently serves as an instructor and Program Coordinator for the BS – Industrial Safety degree. Mr. Lacy has been with UCO since 1999 and teaches classes including Safety Education, Introduction to OSHA, Oil/Gas Safety, Professional Safety Development, Focus Topics in Construction, Practicum/Internship, Construction Safety, and Mandatory OSHA Training. In addition to his teaching duties, Mr. Lacy serves as a Board Member for the Oklahoma Safety Council.
Mr. Lacy’s professional interests include environmental dispute resolution, NIMBY opposition to facility siting, environmental justice, construction safety topics, milestone environmental events, and employer hiring criteria for SH&E professionals.
Mr. Lacy is currently working on identifying those criteria most important to employers when hiring SH&E professionals, and identification of the most significant events in environmental history.
Mr. Lacy is a devoted father and husband, with four children in the Edmond Public Schools. He is a basketball coach at the YMCA, and enjoys spending time at his children’s school and athletic events. In the fall and winter months he can be found pheasant hunting in the panhandle of Oklahoma, and in the spring switches to trout fishing in the high country of New Mexico.
- Vanderford Engagement Award - University of Central Oklahoma - 2010 - "For Excellence in Support of the Academic Mission (Leadership and Civic Engagement)
- Antkowiak, P., Green, M.H., Lacy, R., & Westerman, J. (2006). Science laboratory safety in Oklahoma secondary schools, 10, 2-7.