Dr. Caleb Lack
Dr. Caleb Lack
Phone: (405) 974-5456
Office: EDU 307F
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology, July 2006, Oklahoma State University, Clinical Psychology program (APA accredited)
- Master of Science in Psychology, December 2003, Oklahoma State University, Clinical Psychology program (APA accredited)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, May 2001, Oklahoma State University, Honors College degree, Cum Laude
Caleb W. Lack, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Psychology and the Counseling Practicum Coordinator in the Department of Psychology at the University of Central Oklahoma.
A clinical psychologist licensed to practice in both Oklahoma and Arkansas, Dr. Lack is the author of more than thirty scientific publications relating to the assessment and treatment of psychological problems such as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Tourette’s Syndrome, pediatric mood disorders, and posttraumatic stress. In addition, Dr. Lack has presented nationwide and internationally at conferences on a variety of topics, including children’s reactions to natural disasters, computer-based treatment of substance abuse, innovative teaching and training methods, and more. He is on the editorial board of several respected scientific journals as well as a peer-reviewer and a grant reviewer for national agencies.
Dr. Lack’s clinical interest in evidence-based practice developed while in graduate school for Clinical Psychology at Oklahoma State University and during his predoctoral internship in Clinical Child/Pediatric Psychology at the University of Florida. He specializes in the treatment of children and adults with anxiety disorders (particularly obsessive-compulsive disorder), psychological assessment, and has extensive experience with persons with chronic tics and Tourette’s Syndrome. He has consulted for and been interviewed by local, national, and international media outlets.
A native Oklahoman, Dr. Lack grew up in the rural community of Mountain View, where his parents still reside and farm and ranch on land that has been owned by the family for close to 100 years. Happily married to Alison Babitzke since May 5, 2007, they have one son, Lucian, born on October 29, 2008.
Personal Website: http://www.caleblack.com
- Who's Who in America (2011)
- ABMRF – The Foundation for Alcohol Research (2011-2013)
- Blas Espinoza-Varas, PI; Caleb W. Lack, Research Associate ($100,000 grant)
- Phi Mu Teacher of the Month, Arkansas Tech University (November 2007)
- Graduate Research Excellence Award, Master's Level, Oklahoma State University (2004)
- Phoenix Award finalist for Outstanding Master's Candidate, Oklahoma State University (2003)
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant, OSU College of Arts & Sciences (2002)
- Lack, C.W. (under contract). Anxiety & Mood Disorders. Cambridge, MA; Eleven Learning.
- Lack, C.W. (under contract). Abnormal Psychology: An Interactive Text. El Cajon, CA; National Social Sciences Press.
- Lack, C.W., & Storch, E.A. (in press). Treating pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. In L. Grossman & S. Walfish (Eds.), Translating Research into Practice: A Desk Reference for Practicing Mental Health Professionals. New York, NY: Springer.
- Lack, C.W., Lehmkuhl Yardley, H., & Dalaya, A. (in press). Treatment of multiple co-morbid anxiety disorders. In E. Storch & D. McKay (Eds.), Handbook of Treating Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders. New York, NY: Springer.
- Lack, C.W., & Thomason, S.P. (in press). Projective personality assessment of anxiety: A critical appraisal. In D. McKay & E. Storch (Eds.), Handbook of Assessing Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders. New York, NY: Springer.
- Lack, C.W., Doan, R., & Young, P. (2011). Working with children in schools after traumatic events. In J.E. Warnick, K. Warnick, & A. Laffoon, (Eds.). Educational policy and practice: The good, the bad and the pseudoscience. Volume II: Applied practices (pp. 1-19). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Lack, C.W., Lorenzi, N.M., Dewan, N.A., & Riley, R.T. (2011). Evaluating the impact of Behavioral Healthcare Informatics. In N.A. Dewan, N.M. Lorenzi, R.T. Riley, & S.R. Bhattacharya (Eds.), Information Technology Essentials for Behavioral Health Clinicians (pp. 181-194). New York, NY: Springer-Verlag.
- Morgan, J.R., Lack, C.W., & Storch, E.A. (2010). The utilization of technology in the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder. In L. Berhardt (Ed.), Advances in Medicine and Biology (Volume 6) (pp. 161-176). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Lack, C.W., Sullivan, M.A., Scott, S.M., & Beck-Xaysuda, L. (2010). To attribute or not to attribute, that is the post-traumatic question. In P. Anninos, M. Rossi, T.D. Pham, C. Falugi, A. Bussing, & M. Koukkou (Eds.), Recent Advances in Clinical Medicine (pp. 174-179). Instanbul, Turkey: WSEAS Press.
- Kincheloe, M.T., Weed, D., & Lack, C.W. (2010). Facebook and psychology: Use and misuse of social networks. In P. Anninos, M. Rossi, T.D. Pham, C. Falugi, A. Bussing, & M. Koukkou (Eds.), Recent Advances in Clinical Medicine (pp. 80-83). Istanbul, Turkey: WSEAS Press.
- Weed, D., Kincheloe, M.T., & Lack, C.W. (2010). Psychotherapy trainees and social networking use. In P. Anninos, M. Rossi, T.D. Pham, C. Falugi, A. Bussing, & M. Koukkou (Eds.), Recent Advances in Clinical Medicine (pp. 225-227). Istanbul, Turkey: WSEAS Press.
- Lack, C.W., Beck, L., & Hoover, D. (2009). Use of social networking by undergraduate psychology majors. First Monday, 14 (12). Available online at http://firstmonday.org/ htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/2540/2407
- Lack, C.W., Storch, E.A., Keely, M., Geffken, G.R., Ricketts, E., Murphy, T.K., & Goodman, W.K. (2009). Quality of life in children and adolescents with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 44, 935-942.
- Lack, C.W., & Pelling, N. (2009). Who are Australian counsellors and how do they attend to their professional development? In N. Pelling, J. Barletta, & P. Armstrong (Eds.), The practice of clinical supervision (pp. 212-221). Bowen Hills, Queensland: Australian Academic Press.
- Lack, C.W., & Green, A. (2009). Mood disorders in children and adolescents. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 24, 13-25.
- Storch, E.A., Milsom, V., Lack, C.W., Pence, S.L., Geffken, G.R., Jacobs, M.L., Goodman, W.K., & Murphy, T.K. (2009). Sleep-related problems in youth with Tourette’s Syndrome and chronic tic disorder. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 14 (2), 97-103.
- Lack, C. W., Sullivan, M. A., & Knight, L. A. (2008). Assessing posttraumatic stress in children: A review and further examination of the psychometrics of Frederick’s Reaction Index. Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma, 1, 225-232.
- Scheider, A.F., Storch, E.A., Geffken, G.R., Lack, C.W., & Shytle, R.D. (2008). Psychometric properties of the Hoarding Assessment Scale in college populations. Illness, Crisis, and Loss, 16, 227-236.
- Storch, E.A., Murphy, T.K., Lack, C.W., Geffken, G.R., Jacobs, M.L., & Goodman, W.K. (2008). Sleep-related problems in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 22, 877-885.
- Lack, C.W. (2008). Tornadoes, Children, and Posttraumatic Stress. VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K.: Germany.
- Challis, C., Pelling, N., & Lack, C.W. (2008). The biopsychosocial aspects of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A primer for practitioners. Counseling Australia, 6, 3-15.
- Lack, C. W., & Storch, E. A. (2008). Computer-based treatment for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Computers in Human Behavior, 24, 917-929.
- Lack, C. W., & Sullivan, M. A. (2008). Attributions, coping, and exposure as predictors of long-term posttraumatic distress in tornado exposed children. Journal of Loss & Trauma, 13, 72-84.
- Storch, E.A., Lack, C.W., Geffken, G.R., Grabill, K., Merlo, L.J., Jacobs, M.L., Murphy, T.K., & Goodman, W.K. (2007). Associations between miscellaneous symptoms and symptom subtypes: An examination of pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Behavior Research and Therapy, 45, 2593-2603.
- Storch, E.A., Lack, C.W., Simons, L.E., Murphy, T.K., & Geffken, G.R. (2007). A measure of functional impairment in youth with Tourette’s Syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 32, 950-959.
- Storch, E.A., Lack, C.W., Merlo, L.J., Geffken, G.R., Jacobs, M.L., Murphy, T.K., & Goodman, W.K. (2007). Clinical features of children and adolescents with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and hoarding symptoms. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 48, 313-318.
- Storch, E. A., Merlo, L. J., Lack, C., Milsom, V., Geffken, G. R., Goodman, W. K., & Murphy, T. K. (2007). Quality of life in youth with Tourette's Syndrome and chronic tic disorder. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 36, 217-227.
- Lack, C.W., Storch, E.A., & Murphy, T.K. (2006). More than just monsters under the bed: Assessing and treating pediatric OCD. Psychiatric Times, 23 (3), 54-57.
Full HTML Version