College of Education and Professional Studies
Phone: (405) 974-5788
Office: HES 101
- Master’s of Science in Human Environmental Sciences/ Family and Child Studies, University of Central Oklahoma, 2002
- Bachelor’s of Science in Human Environmental Sciences/ Family and Child Development, University of Central Oklahoma, 1998
- Curriculum Coordinator/Lead Teacher Child Study Center
- Demonstrate and Maintain positive guidance techniques
- Plan Developmentally Appropriate Activities for the children
- Compose a BI-weekly informational newsletter for the parents
- Participate and implement for the Project Approach throughout the classroom
- Maintain high levels of effective communication with the parents
- Serve as a mentor for the University students enrolled in Guidance of the Young Child
- Provide the children with a safe and healthy learning environment
- Adapt activities for multi-age groups of children
- Arrange special visitors to share talents and information with the children
- 2000-Present Oklahoma Council on Family Relations
- 1997-Present National Association for Education of Young Children
- 1997-Present Southern Early Childhood Association
- Spring 2002 Regional Conference Student Activities Committee
- 1997-Present Early Childhood Association of Oklahoma
- Fall 2002 Program Committee
- Fall 2001 Program Chair
- Fall 2000 Decoration Committee
- Spring 2000 Leadership Conference Decoration Committee
- Fall 1999 On-Site Registration and Decoration Committee
- Spring 1999 Leadership Conference Facilities Committee
- Fall 1998 Child Care Tours Committee
- 1997-Present Edmond Early Childhood Association
- Spring 1999-01 Week of the Young Child Committee
- 2002-03 Membership Officer
- Spring 2002 Southern Early Childhood Association Annual Conference "The Project Approach"
- Fall 2001 Early Childhood Association of Oklahoma Fall Conference "Enriching the Environment and Curriculum through Block Play"
- Spring 2001 State Lutheran Early Childhood Conference "Hands-On Activities (3’s - 2nd Grade)"
- Fall 2000 University of Central Oklahoma Theories in Family and Child Development "Arnold Gesell: The Maturational Process"
- Fall 2000 University of Central Oklahoma Guidance of the Young Child "Project Approach"
Honors and Awards
- 2002 University of Central Oklahoma College of Education Outstanding Graduate Student
- 2002 Sue McCauley Leadership Award
- 2001 Girdie Ware Memorial Award
- 1998 Phi Upsilon Omicron, National Honor Society in Family and Consumer Services