College of Education and Professional Studies
Ms. Lea Ann Garcia
Phone: (405) 974-5315
Office: LIB 132
- Currently at Liberty University working on Ph.D. in Counseling
- 05/2003 University of Oklahoma, Masters in School Counseling
- 05/1988 University of Central Oklahoma, Bachelor of Arts in English Education
Lea Ann Garcia has been an instructor in the Guidance and Counseling Program at the University of Central Oklahoma and a licensed professional counselor since 2007. She has worked in public education for over twenty years, fourteen years as a classroom teachers and four years as a school counselor. She maintains a private counseling practice and recently worked as a contract counselor with the Putnam City School District. She is currently the president of the Oklahoma Mental Health Counseling Assocation.
A native of Edmond, Mrs. Garcia graduated from Edmond Memorial High School. Her parents and grandparents also natives of Edmond, and her grandparent’s house still stands a block away on Main Street. Edmond holds an abundance of history and memories for her, and she is proud to be working at UCO. Mrs. Garcia has been married to her husband Genaro (Junior) since August 3, 1979, and together they have raised three wonderful children, two daughters and a son.
- 2010-2011 Who's Who Among Women in Higher Education
- 2007-2008 UCO Advanced Professional Services Department Multicultural Award