College of Education and Professional Studies
Dr. Darlinda Cassel
Phone: (405) 974-5128
Office: LIB 140
- Ph.D. Mathematics Education, University of Oklahoma
- M.A. Elementary Education, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, Louisiana
- B.S. Elementary Education, Centenary College, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Vanderford Teaching Excellence Award, August 2010
- Algebra Content and Pedagogy
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education’s NCLB grant submitted
- Cassel, D. & Vincent, D. (2011). Metaphors Reveal Pre-Service Elementary Teachers' Views of Mathematics and Scienc e Teaching. SSMA 111(7).
- Vincent, D. & Cassel, D. (2011). Shadows That Enlighten. Science and Children. NSTA. 48(5).
- Cassel, D. & Lucas, C. (2010). Banquet Seating Leads to Algebra and Geometry. OCTM. Oklahoma Journal of School Mathematics. 2 (2) p 5-11.
- Cassel, D. (2009). Investigating mathematical strategies with Chrysanthemum. OCTM. Oklahoma Journal of School Mathematics, vol. 1 (1) p. 5-9.
- Reeder, S., Utley, J., & Cassel, D. (2009). Using metaphors as a tool for examining preservice teachers’ beliefs about mathematics teaching and learning. SSMA, School Science and Mathematics Journal, vol. 109 (5).
- Vincent, D. & Cassel, D. (2009). Message in a Bottle. Science Scope. NSTA, vol. 23(7), p. 68-73.
- Vincent, D., Cassel, D. & Milligan, J. (2008, February). "Will it float? A learning cycle investigation of mass and volume." NSTA, Science and Children, vol. 45(6), p. 36-39.
- Cassel, D. & Reynolds, A. (2007). Listening as a vital element in synergistic argumentation during mathematics problem-solving. RCML Focus, vol. 29(4), p 30-47.
- Vincent, D. & Cassel, D. (2007). Discovering Mass & Volume: A learning cycle investigation integrating mathematics and science. NSTS, Science and Children.
- Reeder, S., Cassel, D., Reynolds, A., & Fleener, J. (2006). Doing Something Different. AATC. Curriculum Dialogue.
- Reynolds, A. & Cassel, D. (2006). Using Grandpa’s Quilt in a mathematics classroom. NCTM Journal for Teaching Mathematics.