College of Education and Professional Studies
Dr. Kanika Bhargava
Phone: (405) 974-5556
Office: HES 201D
- Doctor of Philosophy, Nutrition and Food Science. Wayne State University, June 2013
- Master of Science, Food Science and Technology. Guru Nanak Dev University, April 2004
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Food Technology. Delhi University, April 2002
- Institute of Food Technologist, professional member
- Phi Tau Sigma Honorary Society of Food Technologist, member
- Certifed HACCP Auditor, American Society of Quality, 2009-2015
- ASM Travel Award 2013
- Great Lakes Conference on Food Protection Continuing Education Award 2013
- IFT Leader Hardship Travel Award 2012
- Nell I Mondy Fellowship, Graduate Women In Science 2011
- Thomas C.Rumble Fellowship, Wayne State University 2008-2009
NTRN 1513 – Introduction to Nutrition , NTRN 1613 – Principles of Food Preparation and Lab, NTRN 5913 – Advanced Food Science
- Bhargava, K. and Y. Zhang. Multidrug-resistant Coagulase-negative Staphylococci (CoNS) in Food Animals. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 2012, 113(5): 1027-36
- Bhargava, K., X. Wang, S. Donabedian, M. Zervos, L. da Rocha, and Y. Zhang. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in Retail Meat, Detroit, Michigan, USA. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2011, 17: 1135-1137.
- Zhang, Y., X. Wang, J. T. LeJeune, M. Zervos, and K. Bhargava. Comparison of Phenotypic Methods in Predicting Methicillin Resistance in Coagulase-negative Staphylococcus (CoNS) from Animals. Research in Veterinary Science. 2011, 90: 23-25.
- Bhargava K., D. S. Conti, S. da Rocha and Y. Zhang. Application of oregano oil nano-emulsions to inhibit foodborne pathogens on bagged lettuce. Institute of Food Technologist Annual Meeting, 2013, Chicago, IL.
- Bhargava, K. and Y. Zhang. Characterization of Methicillin-resistant Coagulase-negative Staphylococci (MRCoNS) and Methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) Isolates from Retail Meat to Investigate Their Role in the Emergence of MRSA. American Society of Microbiology General Meeting, 2013, Denver, CO.
- Bhargava, K., M. Chbib, and Y. Zhang. Synergistic effect of Natural Antimicrobials/derivatives against Salmonella Typhimurium. International Association for Food Protection Annual Meeting, 2012, Providence, RI.