College of Education and Professional Studies
- Adult Education and Safety Science
- Advanced Professional and Special Services
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Sciences, Foundations & Research
- Human Environmental Sciences
- Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Good Shepherd Catholic School
- Study Tours
- Urban Teacher Preparation Academy
Did You Know?
UCO and the College of Education and Professional Studies has one of only six academic programs for the preparation of athletic trainers that have obtained full accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, the gold standard of accreditations for this field. Our program is the only graduate level (master's degree) program of its type in the state.
Kinesiology and Health Studies
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies' mission focuses on the preparation of professionals in the fields of exercise fitness management, outdoor management, recreation management, physical education, and community health. Graduate course work in Kinesiology and Health Studies is available to support the Masters of Education - General, the Master of Education - Secondary, and the Master of Science in Wellness Management. Provides service courses for the core curriculum; as well as general education health and physical activity courses.
The faculty and staff are actively involved in the health, physical education, recreation, fitness, and athletic professions through membership in and service to appropriate professional organizations at the state, district, and national levels. To ensure the professional growth of students the faculty members are supportive of their involvement in research, scholarly activity, publications, and community service.
- Bachelor of Science in Community/Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Physical Education/Health
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Wellness Management
- Physical Education/ Health (Teacher Certification)
- Certified Leisure Professional (National Recreation and Parks Association)
- Personal Trainer (American College of Sport Medicine or National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- Group Exercise Leader (American College of Sport Medicine)
- Certified Health Education Specialist (National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.)
- Certified Recreational Sports Specialist (CRSS)
The purpose of the Symposium is to highlight the transformative accomplishments of KHS students. The KHS Symposium is held each fall and spring semester in the Wantland Hall & HPE Building. Read More
The Exercise Science Club is a student organization focused on bringing students interested in exercise and fitness management together for: relevant educational experiences; an opportunity to network with local professionals; and a chance for fun with other students sharing an interest in exercise and fitness. Current majors and interested students are encouraged to attend and take part in meetings and activities as one way of participating in this exciting and expanding profession.
- President: Trent Harvick
- Vice President: Teresa Camarillo
- Secretary: Alaura Ervin
- Treasurer: Courtney Donley
- Senator: Dalton Delaney
- Co-sponsors: Dr. Kim Quigley and Dr. Darla Fent
Kinesiology and Health Studies Club
The Kinesiology and Health Studies Club is a student organization dedicated to bringing relevant information and activities to the majors and students interested in Exercise/Fitness Management, Physical Education/Health, and Outdoor and Community Recreation. Read More