College of Education and Professional Studies
- Adult Education and Safety Science
- Advanced Professional and Special Services
- School Counseling
- Educational Leadership
- Library Media Education
- Special Education
- Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Superintendent Certification
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Sciences, Foundations & Research
- Human Environmental Sciences
- Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Good Shepherd Catholic School
- Study Tours
- Urban Teacher Preparation Academy
Completion of the required courses will enable the student to apply for official certification as a School Superintendent. This certification authorizes the holder to serve as a school superintendent in any accredited school in Oklahoma.
To apply for admission, the applicant must:
- Submit an application to the Jackson College of Graduate Studies
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit an application to the Program Coordinator.
To be eligible to pursue certification, applicants must:
- Meet the admission criteria to the Jackson College of Graduate Studies. Please see the current graduate catalog for more information.
- Hold and maintain a valid Oklahoma teaching certificate in one of the following areas: early childhood education, elementary education, elementary-secondary education, secondary education, or career-technical education
- Have earned a Master's degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Hold a current principal certification
- Have at least two years administrative experience in an Oklahoma public or private school accredited by the Oklahoma State Board of Education
The attachment below outlines the courses required to meet Oklahoma State certification standards.