Instructional Media Alumni Association
Library Media Alumni Association
The UCO Library Education Alumni Association (LMEAA) was formed in 1996 to serve as a network of UCO LME graduates. Since many library school librarians are the only library professionals in their building (and some in their district!), it is important to maintain contact with others who can share information and ideas.
The Alumni group meets yearly during the Encyclomedia State Conference. At that time new officers are elected, dues are collected, and a lot of food is consumed! Plans are underway to come up with ideas for a more active group.
Alumni Officers for 2009-10
- President: Lisa Luse, LMS, Putnam City
- President-elect: Calypso Gilstrap, LMS, Norman
- Secretary: Marcie Lee, LMS, OKCPS
- IMEAA awards a cash scholarship each year (that we have money) to a deserving UCO IME (library info) student to assist with the cost of grad school.
- The group also provides funding for subscriptions to several library journals useful to current students.
- Several members of IMEAA serve as "Advisory Council" members to the IME program - advising faculty on suggestions for program and course upgrades and keeping us on our toes as to "the real world."
We had a good turnout at the IMEAA luncheon in September, but it was less than we expected this year. We missed those of you who couldn't join us, but you can still join the IME by sending the $15 dues ($10 for current students) to Dr. Rooker (see contact info below left). All money received is used to assist with student scholarships. We hope to continue using the large room at Spaghetti Warehouse, as it is large enough to accommodate all of us; we hope for an even larger group next year.
Please plan ahead to join us - usually on the Friday of Encyclomedia - but always on whichever day does "not" conflict with the OASLMS luncheon!
Congratulations to our 2009 National Board Certified Library Media Specialists!!!
Cristen Ashcraft, Jenah Hamilton, Jennifer Simer, Tiffany Watkins, and Pat Younts
National Board Certified Library Media Specialists - UCO & LME are proud of you!!
- Cristen Ashcraft, Enid - 2009
- Jenah Hamilton, Yukon - 2009
- Jennifer Simer, Deer Creek/Edmond - 2009
- Tiffany Watkins, Crescent - 2009
- Pat Younts, Moore - 2009
- Keisha Lavers, OKC - 2008
- Donna Boeckman, Moore - 2007
- Sherri Pankhurst, Cordell - 2007
- Stephanie Sterns, Edmond - 2007
- Martha Twichell, Oklahoma City - 2007
- Becky Walderbach, Edmond - 2007
- Joann Kopp, Putnam City - 2006
- Dena Markey, Edmond - 2006
- Angela Coffman, Edmond - 2005
- Joan Hubble, Tulsa - 2005
- Linda Cinnamon, Enid - 2004
- Stephany Gooden, Moore - 2004
- Michelle Hasenfratz, Edmond - 2004
- Clynell Hibbs, Edmond - 2004
- Karen Collins, Fort Gibson - 2002
- Brenda Price, Edmond - 2002
Join the IMEAA Library Alumni Group
If you'd like to join the IMEAA Library Alumni group at UCO, please mail $15 membership fees ($10 for current students) to:
Dr. Jill Rooker, IME Professor
Box 193 - LIB 129
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK 73034
Full HTML Version