College of Education and Professional Studies
- Adult Education and Safety Science
- Advanced Professional and Special Services
- School Counseling
- Educational Leadership
- Library Media Education
- Special Education
- Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Superintendent Certification
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Sciences, Foundations & Research
- Human Environmental Sciences
- Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Good Shepherd Catholic School
- Study Tours
- Urban Teacher Preparation Academy
Introduction to Play Therapy
UCO will offer a two-credit-hour summer intersession class — Introduction to Play Therapy: SPED 4910/5910 beginning Friday, May 10, 2013
The course provides an overview of the essential elements and principles of play therapy, including history, theories, modalities, techniques, applications, and skills. An observational component will focus on basic play therapy skill development with the context of ethical and diversity-sensitive practice.
The course is suggested for public school teachers, child welfare workers, day care personnel, Psychology majors, Child Development majors, Education majors, health department personnel, state department personnel, attorneys, and support groups. Attendees will receive a certificate to verify they have attended the seminar and earned 2 hours college credit.
Enroll online. Members of the public, non-credit seeking faculty, and undergraduate students may take up to nine credit hours under “Special Admission” status. Graduate students enrolling for academic credit must be formally admitted to the Jackson College of Graduate Studies. Summer open enrollment begins April 29, 2013 for non-current UCO students.
For details about the class, contact Sheila Reynolds.