Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
College students grow and transform through both academic and non-academic experiences while at the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). Students' academic transcripts display their aptitude in their Discipline Knowledge, but how can they track and display their growth in other important areas?
For example, students might:
- learn how to work well in teams with people whose opinions differ from their own;
- develop leadership skills as president of a student organization;
- improve their ability to interact positively and appropriately with co-workers, customers, and others from different countries and cultures in their classes;
- find out how to contribute as productive citizens to their local communities, the nation, and the world through volunteering;
- or might practice solving unscripted problems and devise creative solutions while doing independent research.
Students reflect on their experiences, then receive feedback from a trained faculty or staff member. Students store these experiential artifacts in different versions of ePortfolios that they can share with potential employers, graduate schools, or others to highlight their most employable strengths.
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Transformative Student Experiences
- The Central Six
- Journal of Transformative Learning
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
in the News
UCO has a link to Canada, Edmond Life & Leisure
TL at UCO in Civitas Learning Space
(Student Transformative Learning Record)
Read NewsOK Full Article & Watch Video
UCO receives $7.7 million STLR federal grant
Read Full STLR Press Release