The Central Six
At the University of Central Oklahoma, we are guided by the mission of helping students learn by providing transformative experiences so that they may become productive, creative, ethical and engaged citizens and leaders contributing to the intellectual, cultural, economic and social advancement of the communities they serve.
Transformative Learning is a holistic process that places students at the center of their own active and reflective learning experiences. Transformative Learning develops beyond-disciplinary skills and expands students’ perspectives of their relationships with self, others, community and environment.
We seek to engage students in transformative learning in six core areas: discipline knowledge; leadership; research, creative and scholarly activities; service learning and civic engagement; global and cultural competencies; and health and wellness.
A student's major field is central to the learning experience and is a vital part of the "Central Six," identitified as Discipline Knowledge.
All students will be transformed with Discipline Knowledge, Leadership, Problem Solving (Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities), Service Learning and Civic Engagement, Global and Cultural Competencies, and Health and Wellness.
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- 2015 Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Transformative Student Experiences
- The Central Six
- Discipline Knowledge
- ReaProblem Solving (Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities)
- Service Learning and Civic Engagement
- Global and Cultural Competencies
- Health and Wellness
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
- Journal of Transformative Learning
in the News
(Student Transformative Learning Record)
Read NewsOK Full Article & Watch Video
UCO receives $7.7 million STLR federal grant
Read Full STLR Press Release