Health and Wellness
Health and wellness are used interchangeably to mean the ability to live life fully - with vitality and meaning. Wellness is the integration of many different components (physical, spiritual, environmental, emotional, intellectual, and social/interpersonal) that expand one's potential to live, learn, and work effectively and to make a significant contribution to society.
Student learning is at the core of the higher education academic mission. Research has shown a strong correlation between student's health, academic achievement, completion of a degree, as well as personal long-term goals. Health/wellness collaborations, programs, services, research, policies, etc. serve the higher education mission by supporting and creating healthy learning environments.
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- 2015 Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Transformative Student Experiences
- The Central Six
- Discipline Knowledge
- Problem Solving (Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities)
- Service Learning and Civic Engagement
- Global and Cultural Competencies
- Health and Wellness
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
- Journal of Transformative Learning