Transformative Learning Home
At the University of Central Oklahoma, we help students learn by providing transformative experiences so that they may become productive, creative, ethical and engaged citizens and leaders contributing to the intellectual, cultural, economic and social advancement of the communities they serve.
Transformative Learning develops beyond-disciplinary skills and expands students’ perspectives of their relationships with self, others, community and environment.
Transformative Learning is a holistic process that places students at the center of their own active and reflective learning experiences. We seek to engage students in transformative learning in six core areas: discipline knowledge; leadership; research, creative and scholarly activities; service learning and civic engagement; global and cultural competencies; and health and wellness.
Watch the video to learn more about how Transformative Learning will be tracked on the UCO campus:
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Transformative Student Experiences
- The Central Six
- Journal of Transformative Learning
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
in the News
TL at UCO in Civitas Learning Space
(Student Transformative Learning Record)
Read NewsOK Full Article & Watch Video
UCO receives $7.7 million STLR federal grant
Read Full STLR Press Release