Strategic Direction Team “B” Objectives
Strategic Direction Team B: Objectives
“Redefining Ourselves as Oklahoma’s Metropolitan University”
Charge: Team B for the first 90 days of its operations should:
- Determine the Metro area’s educational service needs. Geographically, the task group will concentrate on the seven counties of the Oklahoma City Statistical Metropolitan Area. The team should gather information on:
- Workforce growth.
- Cultural directions.
- Civic and global needs.
- Demographic changes.
- Educational demands of P-12.
- Conduct secondary research by gathering reports and vision statements from associations, government agencies and other sources to provide a full-spectrum of views on the future goals and directions for the Metro. This assessment should include the perspectives of business, industry, local and state government, non-profit organizations and PK16.
- Conduct primary research through interviews, meetings or other direct contact with regional leaders whom the task group believes will qualitatively advance its research.
- Synthesize and analyze this data to uncover common themes.
- Align the data with UCO’s programs to determine opportunities for expansion, extension or customization of our academic programs to assist in work force training and economic development.
- Align the data with UCO’s programs to assess capacity to enhance the metro’s quality of life by addressing identified social services needs.
- Offer analysis and insight into potential future partnerships that are beneficial to UCO and will fulfill our institutional vision statement.
Further Group B tasks during the 2013 calendar year are likely to include:
- Refining the alignment and integration of the Metro’s needs to UCO’s resources, academic plan, strategic plan, etc.
- Recommending the most productive areas for UCO to respond to metro needs by investing its resources.
- Defining what is meant by UCO as a “Metro” university and recommend communication strategies to share that information with internal and external constituents.
- Establishing measures of success for recommended strategies and tactics.
- Recommending budgetary allocations to achieve the recommended strategies and tactics.
Full HTML Version