Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK)
ODK: Omicron Delta KappaOmicron Delta Kappa was founded December 3, 1914, at Washington and Lee University in Lexingron, Virginia. The society recognizes achievement in:
- Campus or community service, social and religious activities,
- Journalism, speech, and the mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Chartered here at the University of Central Oklahoma in April, 2006, the members of Omicron Delta Kappa exemplify ideal character, responsible leadership and service in campus or community life, superior scholarship, genuine fellowship, and consecration to democratic ideals. Emphasis is placed on the development of the whole person, both as a member of the college community and as a contributor to a better society.
What makes Omicron Delta Kappa a unique society at the University of Central Oklahoma is our inclusion of the most exclusive student leaders on campus. The UCO Circle only inducts the top students each year to be a part of this elite society. Select faculty, staff, and alumni are also inducted each year. We strive to bring members of the University community together on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness. Students will be recognized at their graduation ceremonies by wearing an Omicron Delta Kappa stole.
To qualify for membership in Omicron Delta Kappa, students must meet the following requirements:
- At least four or more semesters as a full-time student (two semesters for transfer students) at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Junior or Senior student standing. Cannot graduate prior to December 2010.
- Cumulative grade point average must be in the top 35% of the class within respective college.
- An achievement of distinction in one of the five areas of leadership listed on the application.
UCO’s Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa has established a variety of activities that fulfill the Omicron Delta Kappa “Idea.” Students selected for membership will play a vital role realization of these goals.
If you have questions concerning the selection process, completion of the application, or Omicron Delta Kappa, please feel free to contact:
Coordinator Student Leadership Training
Applications are now available for the Spring 2013 semester. Please complete and return to Leadership Central, Lillard Administration Building Room 104 by 5:00 p.m. March 1, 2013.