Types of Permits
All parking lots on campus are reserved. TPS reserves the right to change lot usage to accommodate special circumstances.
- COMMUTER Parking Permit – Persons not living on campus must display a COMMUTER permit that allows parking in any area designated for COMMUTER parking or MULTIPERMIT parking. Persons living in Broncho Apartments must display a COMMUTER permit at all times. From 4 p.m. – 7 a.m., COMMUTER permits are valid in designated FACULTY/STAFF parking lots. COMMUTER permits are never valid in 24-HOUR FACULTY/STAFF or HOUSING lots.
- HOUSING Parking Permit – Persons housed in Central Plaza, Commons, Murdaugh Hall, Suites, and West Hall must display a HOUSING permit that allows parking in lots designated for HOUSING and MULTIPERMIT parking. UCO has determined and implemented a minimum ratio of 1.5:2 (parking spaces to bed ratio). Housing parking is reserved 24 hours a day for HOUSING permits only. HOUSING permits are valid in COMMUTER, and some FACULTY/STAFF lots from 4 p.m. – 7 a.m. HOUSING permits are never valid in 24-hour FACULTY/STAFF parking lots.
- FACULTY/STAFF Parking Permit – Persons displaying a FACULTY/STAFF permit are allowed to park in areas designated for FACULTY/STAFF or MULTIPERMIT parking and COMMUTER parking from 4 p.m. - 7 a.m. Only those presenting a valid faculty/staff ID will be issued a faculty/staff parking permit. Employees with outstanding campus debt are required to pay the debt in full prior to obtaining a parking permit. Employees needing to pay a debt can do so online through UCONNECT or at the Bursar Counter in person. Other individuals may not use faculty/staff parking permits. Unauthorized users may receive a $100.00 fine. When a faculty/staff member is processing out of UCO for resignation, retirement, or termination action, they must return the parking permit to the TPS Office or Employment Services Office.
- MOTORCYCLE Parking Permit – Motorcycles must display a valid MOTORCYCLE permit, placed on the front fork or on an approved permit holder. Permit must be placed where it can be easily seen. Motorcycles must park in designated motorcycle parking. Motorcycles must pay metered parking. Meters do not have to be paid at Lillard Admin Building (Lot 24) between 4 p.m. and 7 a.m. if a valid MOTORCYCLE permit is displayed.
- RETIRED/EMERITUS Parking Permit – Permits will be issued to persons who have a UCO retired/emeritus ID card. R/E permits are valid in any COMMUTER, FACULTY/STAFF, HOUSING, or MULTIPERMIT parking lot.
- CONTRACTOR/VENDOR Parking Permit – Permits are available to authorized UCO contractors and vendors only. C/V permits are valid for the date designated on the permit and are valid in SERVICE/MAINTENANCE spaces, COMMUTER, FACULTY/STAFF, HOUSING, or MULTIPERMIT parking lot.
- WELLNESSCENTER Parking Pass – Wellness Center parking passes are valid for persons who have current memberships at the Wellness Center and are NOT employees, vendors, contractors or students of UCO. Violators will receive a $100.00 fine. Wellness Center permits are valid only in Lots 46 and 47 surrounding the Wellness Center building.