Impoundment of Vehicles
If your vehicle is impounded, your first stop is the Transportation and Parking Services office in the Nigh University Center, room 309A. You will be provided an explanation of why your vehicle was impounded, and what actions you will need to take to retrieve your vehicle.
UCO Police Services will require that the owner of the impounded vehicle show proof of ownership and pay all citations, penalties, towing fees, and storage charges for the vehicle before it is released from towing company.
UCO assesses impoundment expenses to the person obtaining the release of the vehicle. UCO Police Services may release the vehicle upon payment of all fines or a payment agreement plan with TPS. Owner must make payment in full to the towing company to obtain release of vehicle.
UCO Police Services and TPS can impound parked vehicles for the following offenses:
- Parking in reserved spaces or physical disability spaces
- Repeated violation of Parking Regulations
- Five (5) or more unpaid parking violations
- Parking in drives, on grass, access road/service drives, traffic lanes
- Creating a traffic hazard, obstructing sidewalks, crosswalks, or other vehicles
- Vehicles displaying expired license plate/tag or no tag and no VIN is visible
- Parking in red zones or at red curbs, yellow curbs
- Parked in fire lanes or near fire hydrants