A 24/7 service provided to students, faculty and staff by Police Services. The aim of this service is to help people feel comfortable when moving to their cars or between buildings on campus.
Requesting this service is easy:
- Go to the SafeWalk phone located in most campus buildings. Pick up the handset and push the button. You will hear what sounds like a telephone ringing, and then the Police dispatcher will answer, "UCO Police, how may I help you?" (A request can also be made in person at the Police Services building or from any phone by calling 405-974-2345.)
- Tell the dispatcher your name and location.
- Wait for a member of Police Services to arrive at your location.
The SafeWalk system can also be used to report suspicious activity, or to request assistance for any reason. When Police Services receives a call, but gets no response, "Caller ID" tells us where the call came from and we will dispatch an officer to do a welfare check on that area.
SafeWalk is typically staffed by community service (student) officers, but when necessary, a uniformed police officer will provide the service.
There are some limitations to this service:
- We cannot offer this service outside our campus borders, but we will take you as far as a campus boundary and visually observe you for as long as it is possible.
- We also ask that you be patient and be prepared to remain at your starting location until a staff person can arrive. We have to constantly balance campus service needs and will respond as quickly as we can unless there is an emergency elsewhere on campus.
- This is not a transportation service, it is a service intended to make people feel comfortable on campus.
If you have questions about SafeWalk please contact Police Services at 405-974-2345.